The Medical Laboratory Scientist/Lab Technician is responsible for the planning and complete management of the hospital biomedical laboratory and blood bank.
CONTEXT AND ORGANIZATION OF WORK The head of the Lab and Blood Bank:
- will plan and manage the biomedical laboratory and the relevant hospital blood bank in accordance with the protocols and guidelines in use;
- will work within a team composed by health professionals of various specializations referring to the Medical Coordinator, responsible for the organization and management of the Project;
- will coordinate the national staff of laboratory technicians ensuring its presence 6 days per week and its own personal intervention 24/7 in cases of emergency;
- will collaborate with the International Pharmacist for a correct supply of laboratory materials;
- will ensure the constant professional training of national staff.
All EMERGENCY’s international staff is required to know and apply the hospital admission criteria, guidelines, protocols and standards of diagnosis and treatment in use in the Hospital Center as well as the correct compilation of clinical and statistical files, both paper and computerized.
TRAINING AND MANAGEMENT OF LOCAL PERSONNEL
Activities are always carried out in collaboration with local staff, who thus benefit from a training program in the field.
- Degree in Biological Sciences, Medicine, Biomedical Laboratory Techniques or similar.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a Biomedical Laboratory and/or in a Transfusion Centre.
Specialization in Clinical Pathology and Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology, Hematology or similar titles. Master’s degree in subjects related to Clinical Pathology and/or Transfusion Medicine.
Clinical chemistry, Microbiology (Bacteriology and Parasitology), Haematology, Immunology, Coagulation, Transfusion Medicine (Crossmatch; Blood Groups; Production, storage and assignment of Blood Components), experience in venous sampling and in blood collection from donors.
Strong communicative and relational skills. Ability to work in stressful conditions.
6 months stay abroad including a period of paid leave to be taken at the end of the mission in agreement with the Coordinator.
Please, send a CV to the email email@example.com