Organization:Save the Children
Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Technical Adviser
Provide high-level technical assistance to MHPSS programme staff with technical support from the Regional MHPSS Specialist, lead the setting up and delivery of Syria Response Office MHPSS programs for children, adolescents and youths, and contribute to high quality of proposals and reporting through the three access points.
Qualifications and experience
* Advanced degree in psychology, mental health or other relevant field
* Minimum 5 years of experience in MHPSS field
* Sound knowledge of protection in humanitarian aid context
* Proven capacity to supervise, and coach staff in child protection technical skills and project management
* Experience of designing and managing major donor projects and understanding of donor compliance
* Ability to analyse information, evaluate options, and think and plan strategically
* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including team leading and influencing.
* Experience in capacity building and training of local communities, and protectıon stakeholders regarding education programming
* Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
* Excellent written and oral communication skills English
* Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and able to take decisions independently in fluid context.
* Commitment to Save the Children values and Child Safeguarding.
* Language skills in Arabic and/or Kurdish
* Previous experience in the MENA region in providing MH-PSS work in displacement context
* Experience in representing an organisation in the coordination mechanism in emergency contexts.
* Experience in working with refugees and returnees
Contract length: 1 Year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
CVs will be screened before closure of the deadline.
A copy of the full role profile can be found atwww.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.