Mid-level Learning Advisor, USAID Amazon Knowledge Learning Platform, Peru, Colombia, Brazil
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID/Peru is looking to contracting a firm to support the adaptive management of USAID programs under the Amazon Vision and to improve knowledge and evidence for the conservation of Amazon biodiversity and climate change mitigation services.
SI is seeking a Mid-level Learning Advisor to provide, full-time support on the USAID Amazon Knowledge Learning Platform covering at a minimum Peru, Colombia, and Brazil.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Peruvian, Colombian, or Brazilian citizenship will be considered.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adaptive management practices in USAID/Peru Mission business processes and throughout the program cycle.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serves as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, assists in identifying and responding to key learning issues, and coordinates efforts amongst implementers working in common DOs.
- Support the development and implementation of a learning plan that outlines key learning questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Support strategic communications, including producing publications and organizing public events with partners and other stakeholders.
- Support business process re-engineering, including assisting in negotiating change management around monitoring, evaluation and learning related issues.
- Support facilitation, including facilitating processes and workshops; facilitating learning, collaboration and coordination among implementing partners and other collaborators with the greatest impact on results; producing reflections on the implications of new learning; developing product plans for adapting programs accordingly; establishing a network of key stakeholders and organize periodic, appropriate opportunities for USAID to interact with them based on strategy implementation and evidence-based experience.
- Advanced degree or higher in field related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business or development administration; knowledge management; political science; economics or development studies.
- Minimum of six years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, project design, learning, and knowledge management, including experience in applying learning to improve development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations or agencies.
- Ability to travel outside of up to 25% of their time.
- Fluency in English required; Spanish and/or Portuguese required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website:http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.