Position Title: Migration Health Database Reporting Analyst
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term (w/ possibility of extension)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 30 April 2020
Salary: Php 825,492 per annum net of taxes**
This position will be based in Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC), Philippines and may only be filled by the country’s nationals.
Under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Data Quality, Analysis and Reporting Specialist and the overall coordination of the Migration Health Informatics (MHI) Manager and as member of the MHI data analysis and reporting team, the Migration Health Database Reporting Analyst is responsible for enhancing existing web-based medical reports and generating new reports requested by headquarters, field operations and partner organizations. The incumbent shall support the team in building and expanding the migration health data warehouse, and other components of the MH data repository, which is the main source of information for MHD periodic statistical reporting and publication, operational performance analysis, health profiling and indicators monitoring. The incumbent shall play a major role in the teams work in data extraction and transformation, business intelligence (BI), data analysis and visualization for the use by IOM missions, external partners and the public.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Information Technology, Medical Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed high school degree from an accredited academic institution, with seven years of relevant professional experience;
- Certifications related to database administration and/or reporting is preferable.
- Relevant experience in database, data warehouse and data-driven application development and reporting;
- Manipulation of data in various file formats, database (SQL) query design, reporting from complex databases is required; knowledge of health indicators, understanding of statistical principles necessary for health data analysis is of advantage;
- Extensive experience in the use of MS SQL Server, MS Reporting Services and MS Analysis Services or a comparable database management and analysis platform.
- Knowledge of modern analytics engines for large-scale data processing, such as Apache Spark and web applications for creating and sharing documents with live and interactive visualizations, such as Jupyter Notebooks would be an asset.
- Proven skills in the use and application of Business Intelligence systems and tools, such as PowerBI or Excel PowerPivot.
- Knowledge of basic statistical principles and data analysis methods, preferably with a special focus on health and demographics;
- Work experience or consulting with government agencies or international health agencies highly desirable and experience as co-investigator for public health research/statistical projects an advantage;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as effective communication and independent writing skills.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications until30 April 2020at the latest.
Please visit the job advertisement through this link for complete details:https://philippines.iom.int/vacancies/migration-health-database-reportin…
IOM welcomes applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.