The Technical Advisor, Information Systems will provide technical guidance and oversight to the development of the IT insulins and ARV modules from the SAFEMed side. In addition, this person will coordinate module development efforts of the NHSU, State-owned enterprise (SOE) eHealth, the e-Health Association (EHA) of private IT/MIS providers in Ukraine, and other key stakeholders engaged in the strengthening of the state reimbursement program with respective digitalization.
IT Insulin and ARV Models Design, Development, and Implementation (80%)
- Contribute to the design and development of the IT ARV and insulins modules consistent with the existing technical architecture of the Ukrainian eHealth central component, and current e-prescription system according to the IT Insulins Module and ARV Module Terms of Reference and best development practices.
- Oversee module design, development, analytics and regular testing with Ukrainian eHealth central component in accordance to the specifications outlined in the Terms of Reference for IT ARV and Insulins Modules.
- Oversee development of the detailed functional and integration test scripts.
- Oversee testing, deployment, and validation of the interfaces to achieve sign off from internal and external stakeholders.
- Validate and approve each component of the IT ARV and Insulins Modules following proper testing.
- Oversee on-time delivery of the final IT product to NHSU and live deployment.
- Introduce adjustments to the IT Insulins Module as needed with the support from NSHU, eHealth, and EHA.
Stakeholder Coordination and Report (20%)
- Coordinate among SAFEMed staff, NHSU, SOE eHealth, EHA and other experts on the on-time and quality development of the IT insulins and ARV modules.
- Contribute to the project’s progress and technical report writing.
- Other duties as assigned by Principal Technical Advisor, Pharmaceutical Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT programming and development, or equivalent education with 7 years’ experience.
- Advanced Degree in IT programming and development, or equivalent education with 5 years’ experience.
- At least 5 years of work experience as Development Team lead, IT project/program manager.
- IT project management experience in Ukraine or elsewhere.
- Healthcare technological system experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of leading integration technologies.
- Experience in technical documentation writing and DB architecture development, deep understanding of DB structure.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced knowledge of stored procedures, triggers, indexes, data types, table structures, and database design principles.
- The ability to provide consistent, detailed analysis and follow through to project completion.
- Good interpersonal skills – demonstrating ability to successfully work with internal and external partners at all levels of responsibility.
- General understanding of Ukrainian eHealth system, requirements and architecture is a plus.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectually curious, a creative thinker and problem solver, and who has a proven track record of application development lifecycle management.
- Functional competencies: Highly motivated, resourceful, and results and data driven problem solving, data visualization and communication. Ability to gather and analyze information in order to make appropriate decisions. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ensuring delivery of results: Functional/technical skills, client focus, strong project management skills, managing systems, measuring work, negotiating, information sharing, process management, priority setting, problem solving and timely decision making
- Core personal competencies: Ethics and values, integrity and trust, listening, written communication
- Core MSH competencies: Adaptability, communication, problem solving, creativity and innovation, timeliness of work, quality of work and team relationships, resource utilization
- Travel requirements: Ability to travel throughout Ukraine up to 10% of the time.
- Keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10lbs.