MAGNA is a non-profit independent medical humanitarian organization. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff.
We recruit medical and non-medical personnel, collects private and institutional funds and raises awareness among the public about populations in danger. Using a small but highly committed group of staff and volunteers, we have achieved respectable results. We treat patients suffering from a wide array of illnesses and health needs (child health, malnutrition, sexual violence, women health, mental health, HIV/AIDS, malaria, cholera and other diseases).
Currentlly we have open missions in South Sudan, DR Congo, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Ukraine and Cambodia. Since start we have worked in over 15 countries in Asia, Europe, Africa and America.
In DR Congo, MAGNA has opened mission in 2009 and currentlly we are working in Yumbi, Kasai, Equator and Kinshasa provinces providing access to medical care for population in crisis, through static healthcare centres, mobile health and outreach interventions.
Coordinating and supervising the finances and HR management of the mission (allocation of resources, accounting, treasury, audit procedures, etc.) according to the instructions of the Finance and HR Coordinator, and in compliance with legal obligations and MAGNA standards and protocols in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the mission. Is responsible of ensuring that MAGNA is a Responsible employer in the mission, supports proper management of HR across the board and assumes full responsibility of all Administrative and legal issues in the Mission.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Being responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, consolidation of overall mission accounting, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to MAGNA guidelines, financial standards and procedures.
- Coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, and reporting the mission’s accounting statement through monthly and weekly reports, in order to verify the evolution of project finances and provide information about them.
- Being responsible for the financial management of donor contracts e.g. preparing and verifying the financial reports to donors, following up and analysing the need for amendments. Ensuring reporting conditions are met and stakeholders in the mission are informed of their responsibilities (for example, logistics for stock inventory, quotes).
- Coordinating and overseeing the payment of tax liabilities in order to comply with legal obligations.
- Coordinating and supervising the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour, stock and asset management.
- Planning and supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve people’s capabilities
- Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue including compliance with MAGNA financial standards and procedures, legal compliance, training and support on the MAGNA accounting software / system
- When required, briefing all staff involved, on specific accountancy and HR management (Mission Coordination Team, Administration Managers, Logistics Managers, etc).amount of knowledge required. Implementing all these related activities to the logistics staff under his/her direct responsibility.
- Is responsible for the proper implementation and follow up of internal regulations and terms of employment contracts of all national staff, ensuring that all staff is employed in the frame of fair labour conditions, and according to local legislation, MAGNA vision, values and principles.
- Ensure an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files) of all administrative files at Mission level, granting strict confidentiality of employees’ personal files and other administrative private documents upon request of HRCo, and ensuring preparedness in case of evacuation. Knows Homère in depth and ensures a proper parameterization, use of the system and quality of data throughout the Mission, being her/himself the Missions’ technical reference in absence of a person specifically in charge of the system.
Required knowledge and skills
- Essential solid accountancy training and experience-professional accounting qualification.
- Desirable, degree in finance, management (business, HR) or administration.
- Essential working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs, experience with MAGNA or other NGOs in developing countries
Knowledge and skills
- Excel (compulsory)
- Accounting software (SAGA)
- HR software HOMERE
- English and Mission language essential.
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission)
- Good stress management
- Resistance to pressure
- Analytical capability
- Organized and methodical
- Strong sense of responsibilities
- Strong listening and empathy skills
- Ability to adapt, manage priorities and be pragmatic
- Diplomatic and with a sense of negotiation
- Good communication skills
- Honesty and rigor
EMPLOYED with a Fixed-Term Contract
Preferable candidates from EU
Your gross monthly salary will reflect your post’s seniority & your cumulative weighted work experience. It includes as well per diem for all days you are working in your country of assignment.
Starting from 1.449 to 2.104 Euros
MAGNA field salaries are calculated in EUR and are not negotiable as they are part of a harmonized agreement across the MAGNA network.
PER DIEM paid in local currency in the field (608 EUR/month)
TRANSPORTATION: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas…
INSURANCE including medical coverage, 24/7 assistance and repatriation
BREAK POLICY: 5 working days at 3, 6 and 9 months (200 USD break allowance + 400 USD flight)
PAID LEAVES POLICY: 20 days of paid leaves per year
Interested applicants can send only their CV including education, qualifications, contact number and relevant documents: by email, to address
The email subject line MUST include in the title of email the following to be considered: “MISSION FIN & HR MANAGER DR CONGO*. E-mails without job title will not be reviewed. We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information (e-mail, mobile, etc.) and 3 professional references.**