Organization:People in Need
People in Need (PIN)is a Czech NGO that provides assistance in over 20 countries around the world. Formed in 1992, PIN has grown to be the biggest organisation of its kind in Central Europe. PIN provides relief where it needed and empowers civil society in the Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia.
The Relief and Development Departmentof PIN focuses on humanitarian aid and developmental assistance. Essentially, in addition to helping people in crisis, we aim to develop sustainable solutions that will continue long after the termination of our projects.
The position is based in Slavyansk city, eastern Ukraine. Slavyansk (130.000 inhabotants) is safe and covenient location for long-term stay, serving as a base for many INGO humaniatrian workers supporting the conflict-affected population. The city has plenty of restaurants, cafes and shops, also fitness clubs, swimming pools, yoga studio, spa centre, fresh market are available there. Various sites for daily trips like salty lakes, monasteries, wine factory or farm with horse riding can be visited during weekends.
Place of work:Sloviansk, Donetsk oblast, Ukraine
Line Manager: Finance Manager
Duration:ASAP, for minimum of 6 months
Contract type: Volunteering
Your role would be:
- Work inour accounting systemNavision;
- Assist withproject forecast managementandmoney request preparationin close cooperation with Program Managers;
- Prepare offinancial reportsto donors;
- Cooperate onpreparation of documentsfor audit, donor’s financial verifications ;
- Ensure receiving accurate information from Program Managers on actual spending and forecast;
- Liaise with our local partnersabout correction of the documents and reports if needed;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Finance Manager based on actual needs in Finance Department and derived from your knowledge and specialization.
For this position we consider important:
- Advancedexcel skillsas you will handle Pivot Tables and other complex functions
- Communicative level ofEnglish, Russian or Ukrainian would be an advantage
- Working effectively and collaboratively in support ofbuilding a team-based cultureof work
- Ability tocommunicate clearlynot only with us but also with our partners
- Passion indetailsand working withnumbers
- Experience withadministrativeorfinancepositions desired
What we offer:
- Opportunityforlearningandproffessional growthat one ofthe biggestandwell settled huamniatrian missionof PIN
- Perspective of other work opportunitieswithin PIN after this volunteering
- Per diems35 EUR per day
- Accommodationin PIN guesthousecovered
- Security training
- Officevehicle availablefor private trips
- Medical travelinsurance covered, reimbursement ofvaccinations
- Medical helpdeskandpsychological consultationavailable online
- Travel to/from place of assignment