Position Name: Mission Security Assistant
Employment Regime: Seconded/Contracted
Post Category: Mission Support-Management Level
Ref. number: SOM-043
Department: Security and Duty of Care Department/Security Division
Level: EU SECRET**
Open to Contributing
Third States: No
1. Reporting Line
The Mission Security Assistant reports to the Deputy Senior Mission Security Officer / Head of Security Division.
2. Main Tasks and responsibilities
In line with the European Union’s Policy of EU staff deployed outside the EU in an operational capacity under Title V of the Treaty on European Union.
· To assess the security situation and provide input to all security related documents;
· To assist in security surveys of Mission member’s personal protective security requirements, transport security, residential and office security;
· To ensure that all security and communications equipment is kept up-to-date and in a state of operational readiness;
· To assist and participate in regular security drills, communication tests and evacuation exercises;
· To provide briefings on matters affecting the security and safety of Mission members and to ensure all staff is properly prepared for emergencies;
· To liaise as directed and co-operate closely with national law enforcement agencies, International Organisations, NGOs, other EU bodies and diplomatic representatives, in the field of security;
· To provide reports to the Deputy Senior Mission Security Officer / Head of Security Division on all incidents affecting mission members and initiates necessary follow up action with the appropriate authorities;
· To provide assistance and appropriate response to mission members and to ensure that all necessary actions are taken, particularly in emergency cases;
· To travel to high risk areas and to conduct security duties;
· To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Manager.
3. Mission Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
4. Essential Qualifications and Experience
· A level of secondary education attested by a diploma, complemented by specialised training OR equivalent and attested police or/and military OR education at a civilian security organisation;
· A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience, out of which 1-year experience of Field Security, after having fulfilled the education requirements;
· Authorised to carry and issued a personal weapon if seconded or be prepared to be trained in their use if contracted;
· Validated license for armoured vehicle or civilian driving license class C;
· Firearms trained. If seconded, authorised to carry and issued a personal weapon.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Planning, and time-management skills;
· Analytical skills.
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· University and /or Master’s degree in security studies (security studies, security and defence studies, international security studies, peace and conflict studies, intelligence or other related studies);
· Successful completion of EU Mission Security Officer Certification Course or equivalent;
· Previous international experience in CSDP Missions or multi-national/international organisations;
· The above mentioned professional experience must be acquired in the civilian, military or police sectors and particularly in the protection of personnel, facilities and assets or proven experience within a Member State Tier One or Tier Two Special Operations Force.
7. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work in a demanding, deadline-driven environment and to establish and maintain; effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
· Demonstrated ability to contribute creatively to the development of security policies and procedure
· Highly resilient under mental pressure and willingness to work extra hours when required;
· Knowledge of the Mission area and potential security threats;
· Knowledge of CSDP security and duty of care polices;
· Knowledge of the CSDP Field Security Handbook (2017).
How to apply
1) I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Citizenship – Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
2) Candidates (contracted) from EU Member States need to apply/register via:
3) For the ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS, GENERAL CONDITIONS, ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES of the position you need to follow this link: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/93187/1-2021-c…