Position Name: Mission Security Officer/ Head of Hargeisa Security Section
Employment Regime: Seconded/Contracted
Post Category: Mission Support-Management Level
Ref. number: SOM-036
Department: Security and Duty of Care Department/Security Division/Hargeisa Security Section
Level: EU SECRET**
Open to Contributing
Third States: No
1. Reporting Line:
The Mission Security Officer / Head of Hargeisa Security Section reports to Senior Mission Security Officer via the Deputy Senior Mission Security Officer.
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To manage and supervise the Mission’s Security Section in Hargeisa;
· To oversee, guide and advise the Armed Protection Operator Team;
· To liaise and maintain close coordination with Security Forces authorities in Somaliland;
· To coordinate the deployment, support, and daily tasks of the dedicated Somaliland Force Protection Unit;
· To coordinate the drafting of security policies and procedures, related to security issues (i.e. SOPs and Contingency Plans);
· To monitor and assess the security situation and make security analyses, recommendations, and reports;
· To be responsible for the protection of EU classified information (EUCI) within the Mission and thereby ensuring information is handled in accordance with EU rules;
· To produce security inputs to daily SITREPs, WOS, monthly and six monthly reports in line with the SMSO guidelines and ensure real time reporting from potential trouble spots;
· To identify staff training needs in security related areas, in line with standards set by the EEAS Security Policy and supporting documents.
3. General Tasks and Responsibilities:
In line with the EU’s Policy of EU staff deployed outside the EU in an operational capacity under Title V of the Treaty on European Union:
· To ensure security surveys of Mission member’s personal protective security requirements, transport security, residential and office security as appropriate;
· To ensure that all security and communications equipment is kept in a state of operational readiness.
· To conduct regular security drills, communication tests and evacuation exercises;
· To provide briefings and presentations on matters affecting the security and safety of Mission members’ and to ensure all staff is properly prepared for emergencies;
· To liaise as directed and co-operate closely with national law enforcement agencies, International Organisations, NGOs, other EU bodies and diplomatic representatives, in the field of security;
· To provide assistance and appropriate response to Mission members and to ensure that all necessary actions are taken, particularly in emergency cases;
· To travel to high risk areas and to conduct security duties;
· To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Manager(s).
4. Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· Successful completion of University studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification at the level in the National Qualifications Framework equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor’s Degree, OR equivalent and attested police or/and military education or training or an award of an equivalent rank; AND
· A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience, after having fulfilled the education requirements out of which a minimum of 2 years of experience at management level.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Leadership skills;
· Planning, and time-management skills;
· Analytical skills.
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· Experience in close protection operations in international organisations e.g. EU, UN, NATO;
· University/Master degree in security studies (security studies, security and defence studies, international security studies, peace and conflict studies, intelligence or other related studies);
· Experience in planning and implementing projects;
· International experience, particularly in crisis areas with multi-national and international
· Successful completion of EU Mission Security Officer Certification Course or equivalent;
· Firearms trained;
· Previous work experience in the region;
· Validated license for armoured vehicle or civilian driving licence class C.
7. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work in a demanding, deadline-driven environment and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
· Ability to contribute creatively to the development of security policies and procedures;
· Highly resilient under mental pressure and willingness to work extra hours when required;
· Knowledge of the Mission area and potential security threats;
· Knowledge of CSDP security and duty of care polices;
How to apply
1) I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Citizenship – Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
2) Candidates (contracted) from EU Member States need to apply/register via:
3) For the ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS, GENERAL CONDITIONS, ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES of the position you need to follow this link: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/93187/1-2021-c…