Organization: Handicap International – Humanity & Inclusion
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has offices in more than 55 countries.
For more information about the organisation: http://www.handicap-international.org
HI has been working in Bangladesh since 1997, with a focus on creating sustainable changes in terms of ensuring rights and inclusion of people with disabilities in society.
In Cox Bazar’s district, HI has a strong knowledge and experience in chronic emergency response. Thanks to three projects implemented before the crisis, HI is providing services in rehabilitation, protection and PSS, with an inclusive mainstreaming approach to refugees and host population. HI works not only with people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations, but also with their families, their communities, and the society, in order to provide sustainability in its action.
In response to the massive influx of refugees, HI also set-up an emergency intervention responding to the needs of thousands of refugees. Multi-sectorial mobile teams are currently working in the “mega camp”, providing services in rehabilitation, health, protection and PSS. Because of the extremely vulnerability of certain persons, the mobile intervention helps reaching people forgotten by static activities. HI is also providing kits (shelter, NFI, WaSH, dignity, dry food) through a dedicated team in order to have a more integrated approach and respond to the needs of new arrivals.
Through its brands ATLAS logistics, HI set-up two storages in Ukiya and Teknaf and is facilitating transport to support other actors in their intervention.
Last, being very concern by the next monsoon season, HI is currently building a strategy of disaster risk reduction in coordination with an already experimented HI team in Dhaka as well as with the other actors in the zone.
Under the direct responsibility of the Emergency operations Coordinator, based in Cox Bazar, and in close coordination with HI team responding to the refugee crisis in Bangladesh, the Mobile Unit Project Manager is in charge of the quality and information management of HI emergency response (in particular of the mobile team project) to enable HI to ensure the implementation of quality-based interventions and proper information dissemination to humanitarian coordination mechanism and donors.
- External coordination and representation
- In charge of HI’s mobile response project implementation
- Internal coordination in link with support services (Human Resources, Finance & Logistics)
- Strategy development
The complete Job Description will be shared with short-listed candidates.
Cox’s Bazar is a city located in the coastal area, fishing port and one of the most visited tourist destinations in Bangladesh. There is lot of resorts, restaurants, bars providing international drink and food as well as specific entertainement such as gym, spa, etc…
Travelling between the differents sites is easy : 1 hour flight Dhaka – Cox’s Bazar and from 1 to 1h30 hours by car within Cox’s Bazar district sites.
- Academic background within the fields of emergency response, humanitarian program management, international human rights laws, or other relevant fields
- at least 3 years of experiences in humanitarian response
- at least 3 years of professional experience in a managerial NGO position, including project and large team management in emergency
- knowledge of humanitarian principles, protection mainstreaming principles, including do no harm, and Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation policies, and experiences in translating those principles into practice
- experience with HI is a strong asset
- experience in launching operations is an asset
- knowledge of Bangladesh context is an asset
- experience in projects implementing rehabilitation, MHPSS or protection
- Capacity building and coaching skills
- communication and networking
- proven managerial experience
- proven representation experience
- strong communication skills
- English mandatory (oral and written)
- strong writing and reporting skills
- computer skills: MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook; other software is an asset (Survey CTO, KoBo, iData, Le Sphinx, STATA, SPSS…)
- ability to work under high pressure
- good coordination skills
- strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Starting date: 01/12/2018
- Length of the contract: 12 months
- Contract: salaried contract (from 2300€/month gross depending on experience)
- Per-diem: 536,55€/month net
- Hardship allowance: 250€/month net
- Insurances: medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday: 25 days per year
- R&R: 5 days every 3 months
- Status: single
- Accommodation: collective fully covered by HI