The overall purpose of the M&E Coordinator position is to coordinate all aspects of M&E related to projects, including consortiums, being implemented in NRC North West Office; consolidate reporting from different Core Competencies and contribute to the overall development of NRC Myanmar’s M&E capacity.
Duties and responsibilities
- Line management of M&E staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, logframe design and budgeting for M&E.
- Support area-based programme and M&E staff in planning for and execution of M&E activities: —– – creation of methodologies and tools for monitoring, coordinating data collection, data management, analysis, reporting, and learning.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
- Capacity building and training of programme and M&E staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas, transfer key skills.
- Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Provide regular information to the Integrated Area Programme Manager and the ICLA CC Specialist
- Promote the rights of IDPs/refugees/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programmes, using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making.
Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info.
- Knowledge of the context in Myanmar is preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of typical M&E activities (logframes, quantitative and qualitative methodologies, sampling, quantitative and qualitative analytical approaches, etc.);
- Strong knowledge of humanitarian and development M&E frameworks and standards;
- Knowledge of data collection software e.g., KoBo or ODK Collect;
- Knowledge of statistical software, e.g. SPSS is a plus
- Knowledge of GIS software e.g., ArcGIS or QGIS is a plus
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
We can offer
An opportunity to make a difference and become part of a dedicated team of humanitarians.
Duration: 6 months (Possibility of extension based on funding)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
Grade 7 in the NRC grade structure Click here to view the NRC Grade Structure
Duty station: Sittwe, North West Myanmar Office
How to apply
Link to apply:
An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location