- Organization: QATAR CHARITY
- Position: M&E Assistant
- Duty station: Mogadishu
- Number of Post: 2
- Duration: 5 Months
- Closing Date: 12/01/2019
About Qatar Charity
Qatar Charity (QC) is a leading Gulf-origin nongovernmental organization dedicated to carrying out humanitarian and development programs to fight global poverty by working in partnership with vulnerable communities regardless of faith, race, gender or political beliefs. Qatar Charity enables people to survive, recover and rebuild their lives while also empowering them to become self-sufficient through practical knowledge, focused expertise and innovative solutions. QC has been maintaining active present in Somali since 2007 through its field office in Mogadishu. It has a portfolio of programs focusing on both humanitarian and development sectors. Qatar Charity Somalia Program seeks to recruit M&E assistant in Mogadishu.
Under the supervision of the project officer, and in collaboration with project staff, the M&E assistant is contributing to the implementation of M&E activities in the project site by collecting data and information about project achievement and beneficiaries as stipulated in the project work plan. M&E activities may include monitoring visits at project sites, post-transfer monitoring (e.g. post distribution monitoring, evaluation survey, verification of beneficiaries identity. In addition, M&E assistant will be requested to produce daily reports on its field activities and recommendation to improve project quality.
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative data collection activities at field level through surveys, interviews or focus group discussions with beneficiaries, as defined in the weekly/monthly M&E work plan and directed by the PO.
- Under the supervision of the PO, M&E assistant to ensure necessary data collected from scheduled activities, this includes regular visits to IDP camps and following up with data to be asked like baseline survey, monthly progress reports.
- During monitoring and evaluation activities ensure beneficiaries are treated with respect, confidentiality and informed consent;
- Based on field observation propose new improvement for project and M&E activities to the PO.
- Carry out data collection work and data entry.
- Solve problems and conflicts that might occur during monitoring and respond to minor complaints coming from beneficiaries.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports to the senior management on achievements and challenges related to monitoring;
- Keep M&E files archived at the program office and accessible to the team.
- When necessary, assist PD in producing periodic monitoring reports to ensure programs have accurate and useful data to inform program development;
- Participate in the internal evaluation of the program;
- M&E assistants may be requested to support accountability officer on field data collection for ad hoc mission.
- Any other duties as agreed with the Senior M&E Officer-West, M&E Coordinator and Area Manager.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Humanitarian work specially collecting data at community level.
- Computer literacy for entering data into database
- Solid Excel skills.
- Reporting skills.
- Good in English and Arabic.
- This position is only for Somali citizens.
- Interested potential candidates shall send their application letter, CVs and all supporting documents to the email: email@example.com. Please write in the title: M&E assistant
- Deadline for application: 12/01/2019