World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization advancing education, systems strengthening, and inclusive development through programming around the world. We are seeking an experiencedMonitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialistfor the anticipated USAID-funded Higher Education Capacity Development program in Lebanon focused on strengthening higher education institutions to equip students with the necessary technical, soft, and leadership skills to excel in the labor market with the goal of increased workforce development linked to job opportunities.
The M&E Specialist will be responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) system and Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) processes in close coordination with technical and programmatic staff. As part of the program’s senior leadership team, the M&E Specialist will lead the overall learning agenda of the program, working closely with partners and other internal and external stakeholders.
· Lead the design and implementation of the program’s MEL Plan and information systems to track delivery against program targets, outcomes, and impacts, including clearly defined objectives, indicators, learning mechanisms, and the implementation of appropriate M&E procedures;
· Prepare and ensure timely submission of project performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, and contribute to annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and other project documents;
· Ensure compliance to MEL Plan as approved by USAID;
· Lead design and implementation of robust CLA approaches and processes; ensure use of existing evidence to promote improvements, collaboration, learning, and adaption, and identify solutions to promote data-based decision making among program and technical staff;
· Provide training on MEL subjects including on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching to selected higher education institutions staff to build their M&E capacity and skills and to improve their overall knowledge and ability to leverage M&E data for decision-making;
· Develop and oversee research components related to the project as needed;
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred;
· A minimum of 6 years of experience designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) systems for USAID-funded projects related to capacity development, higher education, and/or systems strengthening;
· Experience leading MEL and CLA implementation for education and/or systems strengthening programs of similar size and scope highly desirable; preferably in the Lebanon or the region;
· Proven experience in designing and maintain tools for program reporting, monitoring, and evaluation and learning; Prior experience experience with standard educational measurement approaches and other measurement approaches in technical, soft, and leadership skills development, as well as measurement of organizational development and change is highly desirable;
· Prior experience leading, designing, managing, and/or commissioning performance and outcome evaluations and other types of research, preferably in the field of education;
· Strong communication skills, ability to work across various teams with excellent interpersonal skills to maintain strong relationships, with demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments;
· Strong analytical and writing skills as demonstrated by the ability to produce high quality reports;
· Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English and Arabic; Lebanon Nationals preferred;
· Commitment to the principles of inclusive approaches to programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
World Learning is anequal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. Interested candidates should submit their CV or resume and cover letter (in English) to:email@example.com.Please include the post title on the subject line as well as a note in the email body explaining your qualifications for the position.Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.