General job description
Coordinate and Supervise activities planned under Monitoring Team
Design methodology for monitoring and evaluation of Action Against Hunger Sectors of intervention, providing sector guidance and capitalizing the lessons learnt;
Support the design of project monitoring tools streamlining resources;
Adapt to the context and the roll out of Action Against Hunger accountability framework and enlarged feedback mechanisms;
Support the mission in capitalizing on ongoing activities
Find out more about us https://www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es
- Conduct field visits to areas of organization intervention in coordination with partners.
Plan and carry out technical studies to areas of organization intervention in coordination with partners.
- Ensure routine monitoring of projects & ensure findings are timely shared with Technical and Program Department for utilization to improve quality of interventions and learn.
- Perform close monitoring of activities in the locations where project activities are implemented.
- Ensure routine monitoring of projects & ensure findings are timely shared with Technical Department for utilization to improve quality of interventions.
- Regular monitoring of the humanitarian context.
- Report possible problem or conflict during the activities.
- Pro-actively plan activities on a monthly basis in line with strategy and context, and report achieved weekly activities and plans for following week.
- University degree (BA in Social Fields or any related field).
- One year of professional work experience
- Knowledge in any of the following field: Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH.
- Strong communication skills to interact with both vulnerable population and key stakeholders.
- Excellent command of both Arabic and English languages.
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on communication with beneficiaries and community consultation / participation.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, very strong and daily collaboration with Technical / program team will be necessary
- Previous field experience in monitoring activities , and report writing.
- Stress resistance, ability to work in high pressure environment and complex context
Contract period: 6 months contracts, renewable based on Action Against Hunger fund and performance.
Salary/benefits: According to Action Against Hunger’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty station: Damascus
How to apply
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
-Applications will be assessed and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.