Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Expert
Save the Children is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Expert for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Civil Society Strengthening Activity in Uganda which seeks to fortify the capacity of Ugandan civil society organizations (CSOs) to influence and contribute to improved development outcomes in targeted sectors, successfully promote public education and civic engagement, and to establish and manage public accountability mechanisms. The MEL Expert will lead activity efforts to collect and analyze data related to activity performance and use this data to inform adaptive management and learning.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
* A Master’s degree in political science, sociology, statistics, international development, or in a relevant field or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in addition to the 7 years’ experience below.
* A minimum of 7 years of experience in setting up and overseeing MEL systems, of which at least three years must be relevant to development assistance activities.
* Demonstrated experience with computer and/or web-based performance data recording and reporting systems and other technologies that improve the quality of monitoring system integrity and data collection, analysis, reporting and visualization.
* Demonstrated experience conducting social science research
* Experience in East Africa or regions at similar stages of economic development.
* Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
* Excellent written communication and presentation skills in English.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this linkhttps://uganda.savethechildren.net/careersindicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors. Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on 23 April , 2020 at midnight Uga nda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.