Organization: Oxfam GB
Working at Oxfam is so much more than just a job. We are working together to end world poverty and injustice. If you are passionate about the role to reducing inequality, we would like to hear from you!
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.
Team Purpose: Oxfam is an international confederation of 20 organizations working together with partners and local communities in more than 90 countries. Around the globe, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. In Thailand, the Country Team works closely with the local and international communities to leverage our influence to reduce food and gender injustice through private sector engagement strategy, CSO coalition strengthening, gender integration, and research and campaign. In the next 5 years, specific changes in selected supply chains i.e. seafood, maize, chicken, banana and sugar are targeted and expected shifts to work better for smallholders and informal workers, equitable treatment for all genders, more responsible for consumers and the eco–system
JOB PURPOSE: As a key member in the Program Quality and Funding unit, you will work closely with the Program Lead to ensure MEAL systems resilient and project teams have capacity to pursue MEL aspirations of their own projects. You will learn and help teams apply Oxfam’s PQ standards and tools in a practical and meaningful way to track and showcase success of the projects. This includes design and improve MEL plans, give advice on baseline and evaluation framework, facilitate key learning events of projects, and oversee overall compliance of the program information management system (OPAL). As the program is always learning to find new initiatives to increase impact, we engage in research studies and you will support the management of some of the studies.
- Maintain the programme MEAL system in compliance with Oxfam’s standard (i.e. CAMSA) and donor’s requirements: Hands-on to work with all project teams to support their increase of capacity to design/improve MEL plan, track project progress, verify and collect evidence; collate them into programme progress to support programme review process; facilitate project’s learning and evaluations
- Guide Project Officers to implement Oxfam’s systems and donor’s requirements: Ensure good planning and integrate the plan with other teams, monitor outputs and spending efficiency, ensure compliance and quality partnership, gender integration and coordination with other teams
- Maintain Oxfam Programme, Accountability and Learning (OPAL) system and coordinate with Programme Finance to ensure proper recording of programme budget and documentation.
- Facilitate learning process and contribute to the design and development of programmatic area in relation to ethical, gender sensitive and sustainable food supply chain with the focus on small scale producers and workers
- Support proposal development with programme information and MEL expertise
- Represent Oxfam corporately and manage internal and external relationships
- Decision making is required to make sound judgement within agreed process. Analyse context in relation to the project area to ensure important information shared with Oxfam’s senior level to facilitate decision making timely on operational issues, programmatic issues and policy
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCE:
- Strong demonstrable commitment to program quality standards, accountability, equality and gender equity
- Expertise in project MEL plan design and monitoring (EU–funded projects or similar nature of institutional donors highly desirable)
- Expertise in research and evaluation, mixed methods
- Expertise in learning events facilitation; and gender analysis (preferable)
- Excellent coaching skills. Proven communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking ability, team player, self–motivated, and ability to show situational leadership in different situations
- Excellent written and spoken English
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/monitoring-evaluation-and-learning-officer-int4833/9372/description/ OR visit our website www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs using the job reference number INT4833. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
REMARK: This is a national hired post. We will be unable to provide visa and work permit to a non–Thai national.
Oxfam is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from women, minority and underrepresented groups.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.