Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist,
Yemen Continuous Learning & Evaluation Activity,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
The Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation (YCLE) program provides rapidly deployed, robust, on-the ground, in-country oversight of USAID funded development activities implemented in Yemen. The YCLE Contractor supports the prudent use of U.S. taxpayer funds in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on: (1) Performance and Contextual Monitoring and Verification Services; (2) Evaluation Services; (3) Analysis and Reporting Services; (4) Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptive Management Services; and, (5) Program Support Services. The overall goal of YCLE is to enable USAID/Yemen to become a more effective and adaptive development organization.
**Please note: This is a local position open to Jordanian and third country nationals’ applicants.
MSI is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist with experience in international development projects. The position will be responsible for collecting data and conducting monitoring and evaluation in areas required by the contract.
- Design data collection instruments for key informant interviews, surveys, focus groups and other activities
- Collect information on the current situation in Yemen as well as the performance of USAID projects
- Analyze data and prepare reports in consultation with the Yemen based team and with senior staff based in Amman, Jordan
- Serve as a member of evaluation teams, collecting data for performance evaluations
- Conduct data quality assessments
- Conduct virtual interviews with key informants as needed for Monitoring activities
- Liaise with local partners conducting M&E activities
- Provide support for preparation of training materials and provision of training as needed for local partners
- Other related services as required to respond to changing USAID priorities and requests
- Bachelor’s degree required in a field related to monitoring and evaluation (social sciences); master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of international development projects, preferably for USAID
- Experience developing data collection instruments and collecting data in the Arab region
- Ability to write in English is required
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.