Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our client supports the federal govt. of Somalia in its efforts to assist with the rehabilitation & reintegration of disengaged combatants & youth at risk. The program focuses on capacity building initiatives for govt. ministries, the running & maintenance of disengaged combatant transition centres, the social & economic reintegration of Disengaged Combatants (DC) & the provision of vocational training & livelihood support to Youth at Risk (YAR) in both Baidoa & Kismayo. The DDR program additionally supports strategic communication efforts across Somalia to promote the effective reintegration & community cohesion for returning disengaged combatants.
- Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the M&E Assistant is responsible for supporting the implementation of the DDR M&E framework, including tracking of program activities and DC/YAR progress with their training, rehabilitation & livelihoods in Kismayo. The M&E Assistant in Kismayo will also provide adhoc support to the maintenance of the DC/YAR information management systems at national level, such as the Information Counselling & Referral System (ICRS), overall program M&E analysis & reporting & the design & implementation of mobile data collection methods.
- Implement & lead all M&E activities at Kismayo level with the support of the M&E Officer & M&E Consultant, including regular program monitoring in the transition & YAR centres & collecting beneficiary feedback during & after beneficiary stays in the centres.
- Conduct regular monitoring (by phone & site visits) of DC & YAR graduate progress up to a year after graduation, including inputting data into the related databases & providing analyses & follow up as required.
- Assist the Case Assistant at the Kismayo Transition Center with collecting, inputting & maintaining DC data in the ICRS database.
- In coordination with the M&E Consultant & the M&E Officer, clean, maintain & analyse the ICRS data at national level, for all DCs in the DDR program.
- Support program evaluations to generate impact level findings as needed, in coordination with the M&E Officer & M&E Consultant.
- Support any other actors, such as research firms & third-party monitors that may conduct studies related to the DDR program & its beneficiaries in the Kismayo area, including the compiling & provision of monitoring data & results & any program data required.
- Conduct preparatory activities related to M&E field work in Kismayo, including assessments, evaluations & research in coordination with the M&E team & operations team
- Work together with the M&E Officer & the M&E Consultant to design, test & implement mobile data collection methods both inside and outside of the centre.
- Assist in conducting centre-based monitoring, including gathering beneficiary & stakeholder feedback on the rehabilitation activities.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- This role reports to the DDR Program Manager.
- This role does not have team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Africa (essential).
- University Degree (to BA/BSC level) in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Statistics, Development Studies or a related field with at least 3 years of relevant work experience or, High School Diploma with at least 5 years of relevant experience working with either the public sector or non-government sector.
- Experience working with statistical applications, mobile data collection platforms & other software packages.
- At least 2 years of demonstrated work experience in implementing M&E activities including designing methods & approaches & carrying out data collection & analysis in relation to donor requirements.
- At least 2 years of experience working the stabilization & or governance sector for a non-governmental body, particularly working with youth at risk or on return & reintegration a considerable advantage.
- Sensitivity & experience in working with vulnerable populations & in handling confidential information.
- Experience in building relationships with a wide range of colleagues & partners.
- Fluent spoken and written skills in English & Somali is required.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for action & manages constructive criticisms.
- Client Orientation: Works effectively well with client & stakeholders.
- Continuous Learning: Promotes continuous learning for self and others.
- Communication: Listens & communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Creativity & Initiative: Actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services.
- Leadership & Negotiation: Develops effective partnerships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Performance Management: Identify ways & implement actions to improve performance of self & others.
- Planning & Organizing: Plans work, anticipates risks & sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism: Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Teamwork: Contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns & promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness: Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Resource Mobilization: Works with internal & external stakeholders to meet resource needs of our client.
Other relevant information:
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment & verification of residency, visa & authorizations by the concerned govt., where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance & work permit, as applicable.
- This role will be advertised on CTG website until 30.9.2018.
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate and apply for this role using the below link