The TIPTOP project aims to reduce malaria during pregnancy significantly by increasing pregnant women’s access to quality assured Sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine through a community directed intervention that complements existing comprehensive antenatal care in reaching more women and their babies with the lifesaving medicines. The project aims to test the hypothesis that the use of community health workers to identify and refer pregnant women to attend antenatal care (ANC); and distribute quality assured SP to eligible pregnant women who could not attend ANC can increase IPTp coverage in project districts without decreasing ANC contacts.
Jhpiego is conducting a study on the effect of community distribution by community health workers on IPTp3 uptake in Ohaukwu, Ebonyi State Nigeria, and is seeking for a Consultant Data Analyst to analyze and interpret the study data. The Consultant Data Analyst will be responsible for preparing Data analysis Plan and Dummy Tables before study, and after study, data cleaning, analysis, and interpretation.
The key tasks for the Data Analyst Consultant will include:
· Participate in virtual/ Physical meetings and trainings with the study team for ongoing discussions
· Participate in field activities for about 3 days.
· Prepare the Data Analysis plan and Dummy tables and share with the study team
· Analyze and interpret study data, and share with study team
· Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Skills and Competence
· Post Graduate degree in sciences
· Minimum of 5years working experience in related field
· Experience working as a data analyst in the INGO sector is a required
· Proficiency in the use of SPSS, STATA, SAS.
· 10-15 publications in high impact peer review journals.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision in a very complex environment
· Ability to write activity report **
· Ability to work under the pressure, with minimum supervision and on-distance;
· Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
· Strong teamwork skills;
· Excellent communication skills, written and oral;
· Strong computer literacy and data analytical proficiency
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com using Job title e.g. “ MRB Study Data Analyst Consultant” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Monday 31st August 2020
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org