The National Arts Council of Namibia (NACN) is inviting applications for Covid-19 Relief Fund. The NACN has embarked on an Arts and Culture COVID-19 Relief Fund to support the sector.
Therefore, the Council has adjusted national guidelines on Covid-19 to incorporate the set stipulations with regard to the operations of arts and culture activities that will be funded under the Relief Fund.
Government has relaxed restrictions in Stage 3, which require increased vigilance and action to prevent infection of COVID-19 on various levels, which include personal, community and organisational levels.
- Studio arts training e.g. painting, printmaking, sculpting, creative arts, etc.
- Participation and/or hosting of art shows e.g. fashion shows, exhibitions, etc.
- Workshops and training
- Individual artistic development initiatives such as participation in national art events, festivals, workshops and exhibitions.Performing Arts
- Theatre, dance or music with a view to develop the live performing culture in Namibia. Shows or events such as plays, dance and music performances; Workshops and training in areas such as choreography, acting, dancing, directing, stage set up;
- Marketing of information of productions and shows;
- Individual artistic development initiatives, such as participation in national events, such as shows, expos, festivals and workshops.Traditional performing arts and craft
- Basic business training workshops
- Skills transfer and sharing training workshops
- Product development, marketing and sales training
- Product development initiatives, such as participation in national events, e.g. shows, expos, festivals, workshops and exhibitionsMedia arts
- Improving skills and knowledge of the science of acoustics, electronics, sound, light and stage engineering.
- Training and workshops in light and sound engineering, computer graphics, stage management, graphic design
- Individual artistic development initiatives, such as participation in national events, e.g. training, workshops and conventions.Literature
- The focus is on creative and literary writing.
- Review of manuscripts and drafts in terms of publishing requirements
- Training workshops writing in areas such as biographies, scripts, poetry, and creative writingBook release and launch events
- Information, marketing and distribution initiatives such as talking, reading and presentation sessions
- Individual artistic development initiatives, such as participation in national events, e.g. book fairs, conferences, training, workshops and conventions.Eligibility Criteria
Arts Grants are offered to Namibian individuals, groups or Namibian-based art organisations, for both contemporary and traditional art forms and are available to:
- Visual artists
- Performers such as actors, dancers, musicians, choreographers, scriptwriters and composers
- Arts organisations
- Arts training and workshop presenters
- Arts promoters
- A group of people, where one person takes the lead and responsibility for managing the application and grant, if awarded.Individuals and Small Groups:
- Namibian citizenship
- Artistic ability
- Proof of work (portfolio with profile)
- Potential to be exemplary in the community
- Motivation and desire to build a career in the arts
- Registration with the National Arts Council of NamibiaArt Organisations:
- Should be based in Namibia
- Should be formally registered
- Proven track record of involvement in local art activities
- Recommendations, minimum of one
- Registration with the National Arts Council of NamibiaApply by 30th September.