Narratives of Africa Grants for Individuals and Organizations
Applications are now open for the Africa No Filter’s Convening Grants to support the facilitation of exchanges, conversations, dialogues and debates about narratives of Africa and how these narratives are built and sustained.
At ANF, they strongly believe in supporting the narrative-change community and amplifying the voices of stakeholders on the continent and in the African diaspora on issues that shape perceptions about Africa.
Narratives of Africa Grants for Individuals and Organizations – Strategic Pillars
- Building the ecosystem of narrative changemakers: They have started working to identify narrative changemakers on the continent e.g. producers, writers, platform owners, advocacy groups.
- Crowding in New Narratives: They support content creators (storytellers) and media platforms through their grantmaking.
- Disruption: They are keen to position themselves as an African narrative watchdog – a central source for tracking, recording, sharing learnings and data around examples of harmful narratives on the continent and attempts to disrupt it.
- Research: Their research agenda is focused on making narrative and the work they do evidence-based, salient and relevant to the African conversations.Narratives of Africa Grants for Individuals and Organizations – Funding Information
Amount: $5,000 – $15,000
Narratives of Africa Grants for Individuals and Organizations – Eligibility Criteria
- Open to organisations and individuals that organise forums, debates, panel discussions and dialogues with both African and diaspora speakers – including young people and subject matter experts – to generate insights on things that shape perceptions about Africa.
- Discussions should also challenge negative stereotypes about Africa.For more information and application details, see; Narratives of Africa Grants for Individuals and Organizations