Deadline: 30 March 2019
The National Arts Council is seeking applications from individual artists and organisations active in the disciplines of theatre, dance, music, visual arts, craft and literature to fund their Arts Project.
The National Arts Council (NAC), established in 1997, is a national agency mandated by the Department of Arts and Culture, with the responsibility of developing South Africa’s creative industry by awarding grants to individuals and organisations in the arts.
At the NAC they are committed to changing the landscape of South Africa’s creative industries. Key to this transformation is not only supporting South Africa’s existing centres of excellence, but also identifying and fostering emerging talent nationwide.
Projects proposed should be of national significance taking into account strategic imperatives of creation of new works, arts development, arts promotion, job creation, capacity building in arts entrepreneurship and facilitation of access to the arts.
Preference will be given to applications that promote environmental sustainability, nation building and social cohesion and have a strong community base conceived in collaboration with others working in similar fields. Proposed projects must demonstrate impact and value for the communities they operate in.
- Social Cohesion and Nation Building
- Innovation, Design and Creation of New Work
- Capacity Building
- Strategic Initiatives,Platforms, Exhibitions and Festivals
- Individuals and registered arts organisations can apply for funding.
- This invitation also encourages arts organisations and individuals that support the involvement of women, youth and people living with disabilities particularly in historically disadvantaged areas.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants can apply via given website.
- All relevant sections of the application form must be completed in full.
- All requested documentation must be submitted with the application form.
Eligible Country: South Africa
For more information, please visit https://www.nac.org.za/latest-news/call-for-applications-for-funding-2019-arts-projects/