UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, health.
Purpose of the consultancy
Under the supervision of the UNICEF Health Specialist and overall programmatic guidance of the UNICEF Deputy Representative, working together with the international consultant and another national consultant, as a team, the purpose of the consultancy is to support the review of the measles and rubella routine immunization program, to support the development of Costed Implementation Plans for Immunization for two underperforming districts, in order to improve MCV1 and MCV2 coverage at national and subnational levels in Romania and to prepare and organize a series of workshops on immunization at national and local level.
How can you make a difference?
The consultancy comprises the following elements:
- Support the review of the measles and rubella routine immunization program with identification of program strengths and weaknesses, as well as identification of bottlenecks/root cause analysis of low MCV1 and MCV2 coverage at national and subnational/district level
- Support the development of costed action plans at subnational levels (focus on selected 2 counties with low vaccination coverage) to improve MCV1 and MCV2 coverage and participate in making recommendations for national level to be included into the next Romanian Health Strategy
- Report on support activities performed as agreed with UNICEF and international consultant when drafting methodology
- Report on support activities for costed plans and relevant normative acts regarding vaccination
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in medicine and public health
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the area of public health
- Relevant professional work experience in key areas of public health – developing health policies, assessment of health care services
- Competencies in health management, research in the area of public health and elaboration of normative acts in public health
- Experience in health services evaluation
- Experience in working with government and/or non-governmental organization;
- Previous work experience with UNICEF or another international organization is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are:
- Good knowledge of Romanian language;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Ability to elaborate policy recommendations, to conduct interviews and focus groups
- Communication skills;
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications;
- Ability to work in a team and establish harmonious and effective working relationships.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Deadline for applications 10 March 2019
Contract type Consultancy
Contract duration 4 months (total 60 w.d.)
Start date 15 March 2019
General conditions: Procedures and Logistics
- Consultants will work under the direct supervision of the Health Specialist. The estimated number of days envisaged for the consultancy is a total of 60 days, over a period of 4 months
- This contract does not include per diem and transportation when travelling with UNICEF. Travel costs and DSAs will be paid separately according to UNICEF rules and regulation.
- Payments will be made based on deliverables, according to expected deadlines – and as specified in the tasks and deliverables table.
- Note: consultants will sign health statement prior to taking the assignment and the designation form will be completed.
The application must include:
1. an updated CV focused on the skills and experience requested by the current consultancy;
2. a financial offer as per attached templateFinancial template_Individual consultant_MCV.docx, specifying the requested gross daily fee in RON, taking into consideration that the consultant will be responsible for paying all his/her due income taxes as per Romanian fiscal legislation. Applications which do not include the financial offer will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following linkhttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=520275