World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
World Vision Lesotho was founded in 1987 and serves more than 45,000 children, their families and their communities across.
Here’s where you come in:
As National Director for World Vision Lesotho, you will:
- Provide overall strategic and operational leadership for World Vision Lesotho.
- Strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of World Vision’s ministry in Lesotho as an effective member of the Partnership in line with Twin Citizenship principles to ensure high ministry quality and high impact on the field; Be accountable for all of the above
- Ensure that World Vision’s ministry is directly contributing to the sustained well-being of children and the fulfilment of their rights within families and communities.
- Represent World Vision to all donors, project partners, other World Vision Partnership offices and divisions, local Government, Church representatives and non-governmental organizations serving according to given Power of Attorney.
- Masters degree in international development or related field is required
- Minimum 3 years executive leadership and Board/Advisory Council experience in a large international organization
- Requires at least 15 years’ experience in international NGO leadership
- Proven experience in overseeing a large portfolio of Government grants, major private donors and/or complex multi-sectorial development programs
- Requires experience in country strategy development and organizational development
- Proven track record of fundraising, marketing and external engagement
- Extensive life/work experience in at least one of the nine countries within the World Vision Southern Africa Region is strongly preferred: South Africa, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique, Angola, Malawi, DR Congo, Zambia or Zimbabwe
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 13 SEPT 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.