Organization:World Food Programme
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
From 07 October 2018 TO 21 October 2018
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: Fixed term contract.
Duration: One year.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the worldachieve Zero Hungerin our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs) and job holders report to a more senior Programme Policy Officer.
Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that programme and policy objectives are achieved in full. They are usually involved in a wide variety of programme and policy activities and analytical work, some of which may be of a considerable complexity. At this level job holders are expected to contribute to performance improvement.
The incumbent will be responsible of processing all the Field level agreements, coordinate with the field offices in reviewing the cooperating partners proposals submissions, support in undertaking performance evaluation of the Cooperating Partners, maintain partners’ audit missions in coordination with other units to ensure the partners implementation is within the agreed plan.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience:At least one year of responsible professional post graduate (i.e. after obtaining the first university degree) work experience in project management, finance or accounting. NGOs Coordination & Partnership is a desirable functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assist in Coordinating and managing the selection and the contracting of Cooperating Partners (CPs) process.
- Perform the request of the information, the due diligent and the call of the proposals exercises of the cooperating partners’
- Provide the required coordination and management of the Field Level Agreement (FLAs) development including the required cooperation partner committee (CPC).
- Support partnership unit on evaluating the partners’ implementation in coordination with the field offices to ensure that the planned agreements are implemented in an efficient, affective Manar and raise the related action plans.
- Consolidate the partners’ oversight/audit missions and the related action plan
- Prepare budget allocation, utilization and expenditure analysis of all FLAs including actual transfers. Coordinate with budget programming and finance units accordingly.
- Assist in Providing guidance and technical support to the FOs and CPs on the FLAs, partnership and invoicing process.
- Assist in developing SOPs, training materials, partners’ capacity building and guidance notes on partnerships and other relevant areas.
- Assist in establishing systems to monitor, track and report on: FLA management, and invoice processing in coordination with the overall partnership unit.
- Provide information and reports in regards to partnerships for programme management briefings, talking points, donor reports and the SPR.
- Assist in coordinating the KPI review process and consolidate mid-term and annual reports and share this with CPs and WFP.
- Engage with other UN agencies and other stakeholders on partnerships strategic planning.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please upload your CV in English
- Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.