NGS Scholarship (NGSS)
Application Deadline:15 December 2018
Course(s) Offered:Science, Engineering, Computing, Medicine
Course Level:Graduate (PhD)
Provider:National University of Singapore
Country to Study in:Singapore
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Graduate School (NGS) offers theNGS Scholarship (NGSS)for all students from countries worldwide.
The National University of Singapore aims toattract and train talented science and engineering international studentswho have the potential to create and lead technology companies through scholarship programs. Students develop their research skills by doing a PhD in a scientific or engineering discipline, choosing among a wide range of departments and advisers.
TheNGS Scholarshipis awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research. Student must commit to PhD from the outset, and cannot exit with an MSc.
Women and men ofall nationalities, with an undergraduate or Masters degree in any scientific, engineering, maths or IT discipline, previously awarded or expected, are eligible to apply. Other criteria for this scholarship are listed below:
- Opens worldwide
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is
- compulsory for all applicants, Please note it cannot be substituted by GATE.
- compulsory for NUS and NTU Masters students and graduates.
- only waived for NUS, NTU and SUTD Bachelor degree holders and final-year undergraduates.
- TOEFL / IELTS (either can be used) is compulsory (EXCEPT for applicants whosenativetongue OR medium ofundergraduateinstruction is in English).
Other conditions of award include:
- Students are not eligible for the President’s Graduate Fellowship (PGF).
- Award is renewable, subject to satisfactory academic performance of CAP ≥ 3.8 at the end of every semester.
- Applicants doing a Masters programme at the point of application before matriculating in NGS for PhD at NGS
- must have officially completed the Masters programme, and
- must have been conferred the Masters degree.
- Applicants who have submitted their Masters thesis only, but who
- have not officially graduated from the Masters programme, and
- have not been conferred the Masters degree
must therefore defer their admission (from matriculation to registration) into NGS, until the Masters degree has been officially awarded.
- Applicants required to serve any bond after graduation from existing (be it Bachelor / Master’s) programme, and who intend to commence their NGS’ PhD immediately after official graduationand/orserving any bond at the point of application to NGS’ PhD should declare such information in the Questionnaire section of the application form.
Successful applicants should automatically, in their own initiative, apply for deferment of serving of the bond. The official memo documenting the approval of deferment of bond service should be submitted to NGS at least one month before matriculation into NGS’ PhD.
Citizens of ALL countries
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS), Singapore
Fields of study
Students work on a PhD in science, engineering, computing or related medical discipline
Covers up to 4 years or date of graduation, whichever is earlier
The value of the scholarship is as below:
- Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, OR up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of:
- S$3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$3,000 for International students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances include
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
Method of Application
Only online applications viahttps://inetapps.nus.edu.sg/GDA2/Home.aspxare accepted. You must also complete a criticalGoogle Questionnaire. Your application is only considered COMPLETE after you do the following BEFORE the application deadline:
- submit your PDF dossier
- submit your hardcopy package
- complete and submit your Google Questionnaire
Only COMPLETE (with all required documents) application(s) received BEFORE the application deadline will be processed. Completed / Incomplete application received AFTER the application deadline will beautomaticallyconsidered for the next Intake.
It is important to carefully follow theapplication instructions, and also visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on applications
The application closing date for August 2019 (AY2019/20 Semester 1) intake opens on 1 September 2018, and closes on15 December 2018; while for January 2020 (AY2019/20 Semester 2) intake opens 30 March and closes NOT YET ANNOUNCED
For further queries about the NGS Scholarship, please contact Ms Anu at +65-6516 1480. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org .
TheNational University of Singapore (NUS)is an autonomous university in Singapore. Founded in 1905, it is the oldest institute of higher learning in Singapore, as well as the largest university in the country in terms of student enrolment and curriculum offered. NUS is a research-intensive, comprehensive university with an entrepreneurial dimension.
Application Deadline:15 December 2018
Open for International Students:Yes