Natural Resource Governance and Climate Justice Grants for Africa
Urgent Action Fund-Africa is committed to supporting African feminists and women human rights defenders and their formations to advocate for their active participation and decision making in the governance of natural resources and the orientation and implementation of climate justice policies and practices.
Natural resource governance, climate and social justice interact in a circular fashion.
Women are critical to the management and control of natural resources such as land and water.
Additionally, women are pivotal in climate change adaptation and mitigation processes because of their overwhelmingly close relationship with natural resources.
Women’s deep knowledge and skills on mitigation, adaptation and environmentally friendly production of natural resource outputs makes them champions of responsible natural resource governance and climate justice.
Urgent Action Fund-Africa is committed to expand its support to feminist and women’s rights, environmental and climate justice defenders, organizations and movements working towards the advancement of natural resources governance and climate justice work.
UAF-Africa will support work that includes:
- Innovative and creative strategies that address and draw attention to the impacts and
- injustice of climate change and environmental violations on women
- Initiatives that advocate for policies and legislation to mitigate climate change
- Initiatives that seek to advocate for women’s access, use and control of land
- Initiatives that seek to prevent or reduce deforestation
- Initiatives that seek to advocate for clean and safe environment particularly concerning water and air pollution
- Initiatives that advocate against the exclusion of women’s voices in decisions around matters of the environment
- Research and documentation of environmental and climate change challenges that have been compounded by COVID-19 pandemic e.g access to water.Funding Information
UAF-Africa will provide Rapid Response Grants of up to USD 7,000, and Advocacy and Alliance Building Grants of up to USD 10,000 to support the above-mentioned work.
- Applications will be accepted from feminist, women’s rights and climate justice defenders, collectives, cooperatives, groups, organizations and movements working in Africa.Applications Accepted All Year Round!
For more information and application details, see; Natural Resource Governance and Climate Justice Grants for Africa