The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) with support from Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) is currently inviting Nigerian citizens for its Chief S.L Edu Research Grant program to undertake research work in fields related to nature conservation and sustainable livelihood.
Founded by late Chief S. L. Edu, NCF has its patron as the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Force of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
NCF has a vision of a Nigeria where people prosper while living in harmony with nature. This vision is what drives the following NCF mission statements:
- The preservation of a full range of Nigeria’s biodiversity which includes species, ecosystems and genetic biodiversity
- The promotion of sustainable use of natural resources for the benefit of present and future generations; and
- The advocacy of actions that minimize pollution and wasteful utilization of renewable resources.
- Candidates will be selected based on (among others) the quality of their research proposal.
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens.
- Candidates must have M.Sc. Degree or equivalent qualification in Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Law (Environmental Law/Protection) but related to environmental resources management.
- Candidates must have secured admission into a Nigerian university towards a PhD degree in any of the fields.
- Candidates must develop acceptable research proposals that meet NCF’s vision and mission.
- Proposals must be in line with the theme.
- A progress report (on letter headed paper) from the applicant’s Project Supervisor(s) stating how far he or she has gone in his or her research work and his/her role in the initial review, as well as the relevance to the objectives of the grant, is a very essential condition for considering any application. Please note that a reference letter is an equivalent of a Progress Report from the Supervisors(s).
- 200-word justification, with relevance to natural and environmental resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- A 3,000-word justification proposal to be submitted should reflect the Title, Introduction/Statement of Problem, Objectives, Methodology and Expected Output, etc.
- Curriculum vitae (not more than 2 pages detailing research and work experience).
- Scanned copy of admission letter.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://ncfnigeria.org/component/k2/item/49-chief-s-l-edu-research-grant