Green ICT aims to stimulate and develop innovation-led long-term business cooperation between Estonia and Norway. For this bilateral cooperation projects are supported to enhance joint business ambitions and innovation.
Bilateral cooperation is highly encouraged in the programme. Enterprise Estonia in cooperation with Innovation Norway assists companies to find new partners via contact searches and matchmaking events, applying for a grant and implementing the project.
Programme supports projects in three focus areas:
- Green Industry Innovation;
- ICT; and
- Welfare Technology.
- Green Industry Innovation is 4,779,956.05 EUR.
- Welfare Technology projects budget is 2,457,246.20 EUR
- Main Call: Grant per Project is 200 000 – 700 000 euros. In welfare technology focus area, maximum grant sum per Project is 1 250 000 euros. Project maximum length is 36 months.
The activities of the main call Projects should contribute to at least one of the programme focus areas: Green Industry Innovation, ICT or Welfare Technology as described below:
- Green Industry Innovation. Under this focus area industrial companies are supported to take steps towards digitalization, product development and resource efficiency. Grant is provided to develop and apply new green products and services that would lead to more sustainable processes and the use of resources. Such projects could be, for example, development and adoption of automation and robotics – based solutions aimed at increasing efficiency of processes of the industry and energy sector. Green innovative ICT initiatives that are targeted to attain green results in other related areas, such as transportation, energy efficiency, smart cities, etc., can be supported under this call.
- Welfare Technology. This focus area addresses developing new products, services and processes in the area of welfare technologies. Support under this section aims to contribute to product, service and process developments in ICT and health sector companies.
Activities supported will foster development of new solutions in welfare technology. Areas that can be supported are for example activities to develop new ICT products and services designed in cooperation with the end users:
- Solutions for hospitals, the aim of which is to empower the ecosystem of personalized medicine;
- Solutions for simplifying patients’ journey with the aim of improving the patients’ individual health indicators and quality of life;
- Products and services targeted at collection, standardization and analysis of health data;
- Tools to provide preventive services in primary care through better utilization of data.
- Eligible applicants are private companies registered in Estonian Commercial Register, with no more than 25% public ownership. Eligible project partners are legal entities established in Estonia or in Norway, e.g. companies, non-profit associations, associations, foundations, universities.
For more information, visit https://www.eas.ee/teenus/norwaygrants/?lang=en