Islamic Relief Somalia (IRS) has been operating in Somalia since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence. The Nurse will be working under the direct supervision of the Health Officer and will be responsible providing quality health care services to patients as per WHO/MOH protocols and international benchmarks.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide daily curative services for general diseases at the clinic for the cases at the PHC level
- Assesses needs of the clients visiting the clinic and provides care/advice accordingly.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts or records.
- Support the needs of systems and databases as required to ensure proper care of patients
- Assess and plan nursing care requirements by monitoring and administering medication
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional and psychological support to patients and patients’ relatives.
- Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times
- Liaise with pharmacies, laboratories and other providers as needed to ensure quality care
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and adequate respect for patients and their families
Qualification and Experience
· Candidate must possess a BSc in nursing.
· 2 years relevant experience in health program set up.
· Experience working with a non-profit humanitarian organization preferred.
· Excellent command in English and Somali.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
· Knowledge of HMIS
· Flexibility at work.
· IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
· Each application should be addressed to the HR account:email@example.com include the following:
· An updated CV; and · An application letter
· Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
· Copy of your National ID card or passport
· And contact information for three work-related referees.
· Females are highly encouraged to apply.
· Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as Nurse Mogadishu or Nurse Balcad.