Organization: Malaria No More
Reports To: Odisha State Lead
Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
ABOUT MALARIA NO MORE
Malaria No More (MNM) is an international non-profit organization established in December 2006, which envisions a world where no one dies from a mosquito bite. More than a decade into our mission, our work has contributed to historic progress toward this goal. Now, we’re mobilizing the political commitment, funding, and innovation required to achieve what would be one of the greatest humanitarian accomplishments – ending malaria within our generation.
Since our inception – at the White House event that launched the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative in 2006 – MNM has been mobilizing the political commitment, funding and innovation that has contributed to the world turning the tide against malaria.
Today, MNM continues to influence national and global leaders and agendas, secure new funding, and galvanize action on malaria. We work with existing partners and inspire new ones to join the campaign to end malaria, and we identify, adapt and invent ways to advance global progress against this preventable, yet deadly and debilitating disease. It is with this commitment and ambition that we are working to make malaria no more.
Malaria No More has offices in New York City, Seattle, Washington D.C., Cameroon, and Kenya, with affiliates in the UK and Japan. Most recently MNM established a presence in India to support and contribute towards India’s goal of eliminating malaria by 2030.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Malaria No More is seeking an Odisha Programme and Communications Specialist to provide programmatic guidance and communications expertise to support MNM’s MOU with the state government to support malaria elimination across the entire state. Based in Bhubaneswar, the Programme and Communications Specialist will work collaboratively with MNM’s India Programme Specialist based in New Delhi.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advance Malaria No More’s behaviour change communication objectives to change community risk perception for malaria and ensure community participation through a partnership with state NVBDCP and key technical bodies at the state level.
- Monitor the implementation of Knowledge, Attitudes, Practices survey (KAP) in high malaria endemic districts of Odisha, coordinating with agency commissioned for KAP survey.
- Contribute to developing survey report and presentation from KAP survey findings.
- Provide strategic support to state malaria programme through development of communication strategy based on research evidence from KAP survey.
- Support the state malaria programme in reviewing malaria communication and budget allocations and assess training need for malaria communication.
- Develop evidence based behaviour change communication tools for malaria programme in the state and enhance behaviour change communication capacity of state malaria programme through earmarked trainings.
- Provide expertise in malaria project management, accounting and programming.
- Draft quarterly and annual reports outlining activities undertaken and progress made towards objectives.
- Conduct field visits for behaviour change intervention and monitoring of malaria response at the community level as and when needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND DESIRED CREDENTIALS
- Master’s degree in mass communication, journalism, social or behavioural sciences, or health is required.
- 10+ years of experience in providing programmatic and communication expertise on health programs and/or policy.
- Previous experience with malaria, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria, Ministry of Health and/or Ministry of Finance highly preferred.
- Experience building coalitions and bringing together stakeholders across sectors
- Experience conducting field visits and collecting data for communications and programme strategies.
- Ability to research and draft reports, fact sheets, and briefing papers and manage the printing and distribution of these materials.
- Strong track record in developing and implementing behavioral change communication strategy.
- Experience in guiding and providing IEC/BCC technical assistance to government-led Social Behavioral Change Communications projects.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Superior oral and written communications skills in English required. Knowledge of Odiya will be an advantage.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Odisha State Programme and Communication Specialist – Full Name” in the subject heading.
No phone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an Equal Opportunity Employer