The post holder supports and assists the Regional Coordinator of Volunteering and Youth Development, volunteering leadership of National Societies and other departments within the Americas Regional Office to strengthen the specific area of Volunteering in Emergencies.
S/he promotes and facilitates quality learning processes and support modernization initiatives, stimulating new humanitarian and development thinking to help National Societies to grow. Emergencies challenge National Societies to deliver services to vulnerable people in confusing and difficult conditions. One key aspect of the National Society’s capacity to deliver such services is the capacity to mobilize and manage volunteers. The sudden nature and complexity of emergencies means that National Societies require robust volunteer management systems in place prior to emergencies in order to be able to deliver services when required. This position has been created in the context of the COVID-19 emergency and will be based in Panama.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent in social science, development studies, quality and organizational management, or international relations
- Master’s degree in a relevant area of the position – Preferred
- 2+ years proven experience in successfully facilitating volunteering in emergencies
- Proven experience in successfully facilitating volunteering development processes
- Experience working in a membership or volunteer-based organization
- Professional volunteer management training
- Proven successful experience in strategy development, implementation and monitoring – Preferred
- Experience working during a major emergency, either local or abroad – Preferred
- Experience working within a Red Cross National Society in the area of volunteering in emergencies and/or development – Preferred
- Experience as a volunteer in the Red Cross – Preferred
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Excellent consulting and management skills
- Ability to work with leadership and senior management of an organization
- Ability to manage and transfer knowledge and install skills in others
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work under several working arrangements such as teleworking, working online with disperse groups all over the Americas region, etc.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Spanish
- Good command of another IFRC official language or a language relevant in the rest of the region (i.e., French, Portuguese) – Preferred
How to apply
Interested candidates must visit the link https://www.ifrc.org/en/who-we-are/working-with-us/current-vacancies/job… to view the full job description and to submit their application no later than September 4, 2020.