- Background:FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position ofOnboarding and Deployment Lead for an anticipatedfive-year PEPFAR/CDC funded project in Malawi whose goal is to strengthen health information systems at the facility, district, and central levels to improve the quality, integration, and effectiveness of service delivery across care points. It will build on existing HIS infrastructure by providing reliable data for both district and national reporting, as well as contributing to a reliable National Health Data Repository that will support surveillance and epidemiological activities.
Position Summary:Reporting to the M&E Director, theOnboarding and Deployment Leadis a digital service level position responsible to ensure the efficient and effective deployment of new patches and releases for POC retrospective EMRs; new releases and patches for both POC and retrospective EMR and integration tools for Laboratory Information Systems; system user and technical documentation to support deployments new releases, patches, to new and existing laboratories and health facilities. S/he provides guidance and results review through standards of measurements to ensure CDC and MOH quality needs are met and HIS systems are effectively implemented and maintained. The position will be based in Lilongwe. Malawian nationals and residents are encouraged to apply.
Essential Job Functions/ Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and coordinate all aspects of HIS onboarding and deployment, including but not limited to: new patches, releases, system user and technical documentation to users at both (new and existing) targeted laboratories and health facilities, promoting and modeling excellence within the project, and managing and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement a deployment strategy and workplan in partnership with the Ministry of Health through district health management teams and health facilities.
- Lead the training of end users on new patches and releases.
- Support in system planning, design/development activities, and execution.
- Resolve queries related to system updates, patches, new releases at site and district levels.
- Identify and address root causes of issues encountered during system onboarding and deployment, and provide timely solutions.
- Improve onboarding and deployment processes and increase efficiency.
- Proactively identify and manage issue resolution between system developers and end users at district and health facility level.
- Monitor onboarding of additional facilities and deployment of system updates, patches and releases ensuring that all facilities use the same versions.
- Provide support for knowledge management related activities as needed.
Minimum Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software development or related field and at least eight (8) years’ experience supporting deployment of patient and aggregate level health systems.
- At least five (5) years’ experience deploying applications hosted on open MRS.
- Experience in public health services delivery programs preferably with HIV/AIDS programs.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate information in a clear, positive manner with end users, CDC and MOH and project staff.
- Demonstrated strong and excellent people skills and ability to work with people of diverse professional backgrounds.
- Understanding of the health information system of Malawi including national policies on HIS.
- Knowledgeable of the latest international technical documentation standards and practice.
- Demonstrated high organizational skills.
- Experience with analysis, planning, estimating and scheduling of high-risk, high-impact IT projects.
- Experience working with MOH in Africa and preferably in Malawi.
- Familiarity with CDC and/or PEPFAR-Malawi HIS priorities a plus.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through acompetitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please clickhereto continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is anequal opportunity and affirmative action employer.FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.