Shafak was officially established in 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.
The position’s scope: Operation Director provides leadership, direction and management of all Program Support departments, HR, IT, Supply chain, Safety & Security, Meida and Administration activities in the Head Quarters. He/She supervises the Support Departments and ensures the proper recording documentation, control, monitoring and reporting of administrative, HR, IT, Safety & Security and Supply chain operations and business transactions.
Reports to: CEO
- Work closely with the CEO and other Senior Management members to ensure that strong working collaboration is developed and maintained between Support staff, Program staff, and Shafak field staff.
- Support and advise the CEO when taking key decisions at the HQ level.
- Lead the development and revision of program support procedures and systems
HR, IT Management
- Develop, review and update human resource and administrative policies and procedures and ensure they are effective, efficient, fair and transparent, promote equal opportunities and in compliance with Turkish labor laws.
- Assess staffing needs as required and ensure that HR Identify and recruit new and replacement staff including scheduling of contract extensions, new contracts, and necessary terminations.
- Ensure pertinent organograms, contact lists, and information flow lines are constantly updated and widely shared.
- Work with HR to ensure a complete orientation package is in place and that all new staff are oriented on time.
- Work with HR to assess training and development needs of staff, develop a training plan and ensure that it is resourced for and implemented
- Establish a personnel filing systems and ensure that HR updates all the personnel files with required information on a regular basis
- Liaise with the Programmes and Partnerships team to maintain contacts with partners and implement communication activities including working with the media team to facilitate media stories and the collection of media materials from inside Syria when relevant, within the agreed risk management
- Develop and deliver a clear and effective system for internal communication including the dissemination of newsletters and other documents and publications for the staff and board members
- In coordination with the IT Manager ensure high delivery of IT services including sourcing and implementation of a software that is fit for purpose
- Ensure that back up of documents is done on a regular basis through the server
Safety & Security Management
- Take lead in collaboration with the CEO on assuring that relevant Safety & Security contingency plans are undertaken, updated, and in place.
- Develop and implement Safety & Security Policy and Standards ensuring compliance at all level
- Participate in formal or informal NGO security and analysis networks/forums in the area to share information with other NGOS, and gain access to security analyses (if available), support the functioning of this forum.
- In-depth analysis to support safe programme operations and staff wellbeing
Supply chain & Administrative Management
- The Operation Director will be responsible for the management of all administration and supply chain functions and is responsible for the full and proper implementation of Shafak systems.
- Supervise the implementation of procurement activities to ensure adherence to policy and procedures, cost- efficiency, and timely receipt of materials, equipment and services.
- Supervise the management of the HQ and sub-offices to ensure appropriate maintenance, repair and organization and follow-up of the lease agreements.
- Any other duty as assigned by line manager
- Demonstrate adherence to SHAFAK’s following policies:
Commitment to the policies of Shafak, including:
- Child Safeguarding Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Shafak, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Shafak Is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
Shafak expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Shafak employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Shafak.
Notice: We will discuss these policies during interview, so if you are asked to interview please download and read them beforehand:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- M.S. Degree in Business Management or equivalent.
- At least 5 years as Operation / Admin Manager or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of NGO / humanitarian field
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, reporting and grants and contract management processes
- Solid analytical and problem solving financial troubleshooting and audit experience
- Facilitation skills to conduct training sessions for small, medium and large sized groups
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to adopt local practices to global standards
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to manage of various donors’ regulations and policies eg DFID, OFDA, UN Grants etc
Proficiency in Microsoft Office including
- Excel and Word and good skills at using financial software applications.
- Excellent leadership, people management, coaching and negotiation skills
- Effective and professionally mature team leader;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; fluent English is mandatory
- Ability to work under stress
- Arabic both oral and written
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply through the link:
Closing Date: 08-Feb-2021
Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview, Female candidate are encouraging to apply for this position.