Organization:Partners in Health
With guidance from the Director of Operations, the Operations Manager ensures that county wide operations are executed effectively and efficiently to help support the organization in achieving its goals. The Operations Manager oversees county level operations functions, including transport, Security, Fleet Management, IT, and Staff Administration. The Operations Manager works with operations leadership and coordinates with colleagues to design, implement, and execute operational systems that streamline operating processes, while responsibly using organizational resources.
- Work with departmental and program manager/directors to set monthly priorities and determine key tasks.
- Takes responsibility for overall operations in County
- Assist departmental and program Managers/Directors in day-to-day coordination and management of program operational activities.
- Monitor, control and manage operations to meet staff expectations and organizational goals.
- Takes accountability for operations processes including quality assurance, control, and compliance.
- Manage operations staff and to create feasible work plans that harmonize with one another.
- Work closely with country leadership to develop, communicate, and implement the strategic priorities of the county
- Communicate regularly with site operations managers and supply chain managers/officers to cross-share information and troubleshoot.
- Collaborate across the team to create and present timelines charts for key initiatives to facilitate planning and decision making.
- Maintain accurate operations materials and documents for reference purposes
- Coordinate project launches, organization meetings, and seminars by ensuring that all logistics are managed properly
- Work with transport officer in making sure fuel usage for vehicles and generators is managed efficiently and all protocols are followed
- Coordinate all fleet operations with Transport Officer, including tracking, parking, repairs, and cleanliness
- Coordinate generator management, including scheduling, fueling, routine maintenance and repairs.
- Manage operations equipment’s spare parts usage making sure all procedure and protocols are adhered to within delivery, distribution, and usage.
- Identify problems in the operations process and resolve them in quickly and timely manner.
- Work with Transport officer in supervising and supporting drivers and mechanical staff member to optimize his/her time and respond to unforeseen issues.
- Supervise all staff operation and residential team in Monrovia
- Work with HR in systems reviews, policies, and procedures to maximize capacity and efficacy at county and national levels.
- Ensure systems are in place for clear communication between HR and operations team
- Ensure all operations staff are compliance with organization standards and procedures.
- Evaluate current operational performance including staff and provide a strategic plan for improvements.
- Provide recommendations for disciplinary actions including reprimanding, suspension and termination
- Work with operations team to build capacity through regular professional development and mentoring.
- Supervise implementation of budget lines in accordance with rules and regulations and in coordination with Director of Operations
- Develop a fluent understanding of operations components of the budget and make day-to-day spending decisions within decided upon guidelines.
- Assist with budget planning activities and ensure that any needed modifications are appropriately incorporated
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum three years’ work experience in operations, fleet management, logistics, engineering, mechanical or other related fields.
- Proven ability to manage people and projects.
- Proactive, clear, and compassionate communicator.
- Strong ability to understand and manage data and send report
- Relevant travel and or work in resource-limited settings, especially emergency or disaster situations.
- Adaptability to work in a rapidly changing environment and flexibility with schedules.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with particularly high Excel proficiency.
- A commitment to health equity and social justice.
- English proficiency required.
- Ability to live and work in all PIH field locations within Liberia.