With more than 20 years of experience in the country, the UNOPS Afghanistan office supports national reconstruction and development efforts by providing projects with goods and services – from stand-alone, one-off solutions to long-term management and capacity development support. Based in Kabul, UNOPS Afghanistan has regional offices in most parts of the country. The team implements projects in support of the Afghanistan National Development Strategy, in a wide range of sectors including infrastructure, education, environment and agriculture, and governance and rule of law.
The UNOPS Afghanistan Operations Center (AFOC) under the UNOPS Asia Region Office (AR) has been established to support, develop and oversee UNOPS’ portfolio of programmes and projects in Afghanistan and to ensure that synergies between programmes and projects are effectively developed. AFOC plays a critical role in ensuring quality services to UNOPS partners that meet stringent requirements of speed, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
UNOPS strategy for Afghanistan is aimed at providing maximum support to the Government and people of Afghanistan though the delivery of projects and services in line with the government’s own priorities. UNOPS Afghanistan has been established as an organizational mechanism to deliver a range of projects for which UNOPS has been designated as the implementation agency. At present, UNOPS Afghanistan is implementing a number of projects in a range of sectors including infrastructure (roads and schools) development, capacity building to various ministries, and environmental protection, among others, on behalf of the Government of Afghanistan and the donor community.
On behalf of partners, UNOPS is implementing the Inter-Agency Information Centre (IAIC), a toll-free humanitarian helpline that connects people to assistance and functions as an information exchange platform between affected populations and humanitarian and development partners. Feedback and complaints from affected populations is channeled to partners to improve programming and the timely delivery of a relevant response.
UNOPS is seeking to an IAIC Call Handling Agent (“Operator”) to be responsible for answering calls, sharing and gathering information from callers, inputting accurate data entry, and flagging urgent issues. The Operator must be proficient with written and spoken English, Dari and Pashtu. The outcome of this consultancy is to further strengthen and streamline IAIC’s management processes as part of its overall objective to strengthen accountability to affected populations in Afghanistan.
This result of this consultancy achieves IAIC’s objectives through the provision of:
- Information sharing, information gathering, inputting data accurately, and escalation of urgent issues;
- Professional-grade call handling ability, displaying sensitivity, neutrality, and patience, and adhering to confidentiality and data protection principles;
- Knowledge and implementation of protection standards
The incumbent reports to the Project Manager, which reports to the Head of Programme Afghanistan Operations Centre (AFOC) – Kabul, Afghanistan.
Please visit the online vacancy for more information and to apply:https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16457
- Secondary education required, Diploma or University Degree, preferably in international relations or IT.
- 6 years of related work experience, in the humanitarian or development field, customer service, call centre, IT, administration
- Strong communication skills, demonstrating active listening skills and patience
- Proven experience in usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Advanced experience in usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven experience of working in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, diverse team.
- Experience in accurate data entry.
- Experience in gender sensitivity, gender-based violence, sexual exploitation and abuse, mine-risk awareness, active listening techniques, basic counselling, and UN referral pathways.
- Strong knowledge of protection issues.
- Experience working in a call centre or other related field handling customer enquiries.
- Experience working in the humanitarian field.
- Knowledge of current political, economic, and social fabric of Afghanistan
- Working knowledge of communicating with disaster affected populations, accountability to affected populations, and protection response infrastructure.
- Application Deadline:08-Oct-2018**
- Please visit the online vacancy to apply:https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16457
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.