Deadline: 10 April 2019
Through this RFA, WE Act has opens a call for concept notes that focus on strengthening existing business networks which are responsive to the needs of young women entrepreneurs in enabling them to benefit from a meaningful engagement and participation in the network, providing them with access to the opportunities and options that an active membership can offer as a support for their businesses.
The call is for concepts that demonstrate vision and initiatives to strengthen business networks in one or more of the following areas:
- Ensuring inclusive representation of Young Women Entrepreneurs (YWEs); providing opportunities for a diverse group of YWE to become meaningful members of relevant business networks.
- Increasing opportunities for YWEs to be active participants and influencers within the business networks and in their decision-making processes.
- Increasing effective mentorship and coaching opportunities for YWEs through the networks.
- Subject to the availability of funds, Pact expects to award individual grants to networks that may range between $50,000 and a maximum $ 200,000 USD. The award amount is flexible and will be finalized based on the final and agreed to the scope of work.
- All award activities must have a period of performance of no less than 12 months and up to a maximum of 36 months, starting not earlier than June 1st, 2019 and must conclude no later than May 31st, 2022.
Illustrative examples of types of activities that might be considered:
- Identify and implement engagement strategies for a wider and more varied group of YWE based on their needs.
- Identify and implement communication strategies to support outreach activities.
- Identify and implement strategies to include a more varied group of YWE as members to the network; and consider what changes are needed to cater to the diverse set of needs, backgrounds and aspirations of the YWE.
- Identify strategies and implement ways of engaging more members in decision making, giving them the opportunity to share their needs, fears and dreams and take those into account when designing future services.
- Identify new and innovative ways of providing YWE with relevant and demand-driven mentorship and coaching opportunities.
This call is open to registered and non-registered entities, including non-profit, or for-profit entities, that have established activities in Cambodia. To be minimally eligible for funding, applicants must provide full, accurate, and complete information and comply with the following conditions:
- Submit concept note using the template, which can be no longer than 5 pages. The pact will not review concept notes that exceed the 5-page limit.
- Have previous experience of not less than one year working on relevant initiatives in connection to business networking.
- Have current geographic coverage where program activities will take place or prior experience in that area with the ability to quickly begin implementation.
- Must follow all instructions provided in this RFA.
- Be submitted by the deadline as stated in the RFA.
How to Apply
Concept notes will be submitted electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2HJZLHI