Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a Partnership Coordinator for its Country Office at Cox’sBazar.
About the job
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC will be implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened up a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The role of the partnership coordinator is to further develop existing/new partnerships with local/national civil society organizations in Bangladesh as implementing partners and as agents of positive change. Furthermore, the partnership coordinator will spearhead the development of modalities for DRC partnerships lead the process of building partners’ capacities and contribute significantly to the development and roll out of DRC Bangladesh partnership strategy. The partnership Coordinator will also be the focal point for partnership contracts across all partners (LNGOs, INGOs and/or technical institutions).
Identification and assessment of partners
- Establish, maintain and expand partnership and alliances in close collaboration with the Head of Programmes, Area and Sector Coordinators;
- Support the process of identifying and selecting potential partners
- Coordinate and finalize partnership capacity assessments; in line with DRCs guidelines
- Be the focal point for the development of partner’s proposals;
- Work with the programme and programme support team in supporting partners to develop quality project documents, including proposals, budget, risk mitigation, MEAL and workplans.
- Support the programme managers in appraising partner reports and budgets
- Finalize all partnership documents
- Coordinate and oversee capacity assessments, capacity building plans and plan implementation.
- Support partners in interpretation of contractual terms of the results or outcomes expected and the resources allocated
- Support partners in understanding programme guidelines and timelines in implementation of activities and budget as per approved budget/workplans
- Ensure partners are compliant with Bangladeshi law, DRC and donor regulations.
Documentation, Learning & knowledge management
- Establishing and maintaining a database with; ◦ All partner assessments, copies of partners legal documents, SGAs, any other partner-related documents
- Organize and chair ‘kick-off’ meeting to ensure DRC and partner staff are aware of all expectations as stipulated in the SGA and annexes.
- Focal point for partnerships in the country programme, ensuring all DRC departments are informed regarding individual partners, their work and needs; and that DRC depts are aware of their responsibilities towards the individual partners.
Monitoring & Reporting
- Undertake partner monitoring meetings and regular visits; ensure partner reports are received on time and in line with donor requirements
- Work with programme team in organizing programme and financial reviews for partners
- Work closely with the programme quality team to support partners to develop and implement protection-gender-accountability to beneficiaries plans.
Any other duties as directed by the Head of Programme.
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 3-5 years experience working with NGOS in supporting local partners; of which 3 years must be in humanitarian or DRR partnership programming
- Excellent knowledge of partnership principles, participatory methodologies and project cycle management
- Proven ability to have constructive and mutually respectful relations and networks with staff and partners
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to transfer complex information into simple communication
- Skills and experience in event organizing
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team and equally work in a leadership role with limited supervision
- Demonstrable experience in influencing and persuasion
- The ability to train, capacity build and transfer knowledge on project cycle management and organizational development
- Procedural and strong attention to detail with experience in budgeting
- Competent in use of Microsoft office, excel, powerpoint and outlook
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and DRC values
- Degree in international development
- Certificate in organizational development
Full professional proficiency in English and Bangla (written and spoken)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Designation of Duty Station: Cox Bazar
Start date: Mid November 2018
Employment category: Band G (National Position)
Salary: BDT. 80,030/-
Contact Length- 13 Month, Full Time
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National position.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Please go to the link: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId… to submit the application by clicking apply. Applications submitted by email will not be considered. Please don’t submit hard copy. Hard copy is not allowed.
Closing date for applications: 24th October 2018. Due to the urgency of the position, DRC will review applications on a rolling basis and candidates may be invited to test/interview.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.comFor further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.