UNDP is looking for a motivated and well organised Pharmaceutical Specialist who will be part of the Health Implementation Support Team (HIST) in Copenhagen.
The Pharmaceutical Specialist, under the supervision of the UNDP HIST Procurement Specialist, will be responsible for the following:
* Support the review and validation of the technical specifications and supply requirements for the list of medicines to be procured (incl. quantities, specifications, cost estimates, international and national regulations, etc.) within the framework of UNDP procurement support services to local Governments;
* Support market research for medicines contributing to different sourcing strategies and procurement approaches; the search and analysis will focus on potential suppliers for specific medicines, prices, quality requirements according to the UNDP QA Policy, shelf life, supply terms and conditions and other related aspects;
* Participate in the technical evaluation of the bids for medicines and contribute to the adjudication report; the analysis will be on the products proposed specifications requirements, national and international standards and regulations to facilitate the approval of the head of QA;
* Support the development and monitoring of the contracts with the suppliers on the basis of information collected from COs; Assist in updating the internal database and developing UNDP catalogue for medicines, with the list of eligible suppliers and related information;
* Assist in monitoring negotiated prices against international referenced prices; In collaboration with UNDP QA team and PSM specialists and in close collaboration with WHO when necessary, identify and propose substitutions/ alternative products for procurement according to relevant guidelines and medicines lists (if any);
* Assist in the consolidation of the Procurement Action plans received from COs for health products;
* Contribute in capturing the challenges during the implementation of procurement processes, helping in re-designing existing business processes and the revision of the SOPs and tools;
* Present the collected analytical data on market research (new suppliers, products, pricing conditions), changes in business processes in a structured way and organise as needed trainings and webinars for COs and others UNDP teams;
* Assist in collaborating with relevant stakeholders on procurement processes, including but not limited to country offices, suppliers, service providers; Perform any other tasks delegated by the Supervisor.
Interested candidates can apply at the following link: