Organization: International Medical Corps
Job Title: Pharmacy Manager
Report to: Director of Programs
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The pharmacy manager is primarily responsible for the overall management of pharmaceuticals and consumables in the field and the warehouse. S/He is responsible to request medications for procurement or from IMC central warehouse, making sure that received medications are stored safely & properly, record them with regular inventories, and distribute to health facilities as per the needs/consumptions. S/He is responsible to train and capacitate each pharmacy head at each health facility, making sure that medications are being rationally received, stored, labelled and used with appropriate recording and reporting. S/He is IMC’s pharmaceutical focal person in the field and responsible to ensure that IMC pharmaceutical system is in line with the IMC and donors pharmacy manual. S/He is closely working with the Medical Coordinator for all pharmaceutical improvements with appropriate flexibility. S/He also is responsible for pre-qualification of pharmaceutical suppliers and initiating procurements for the field medication, analyzing the bid and selection of suppliers qualifying for needed pharmaceuticals
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK: (Essential functions, quality/quantity expected and list of marginal duties).
Scope of Work:
· Ensure the implementation of Jordan MOH clinical policies, tools, guidelines and the donors pharmacy manual for rational use of medications.
· Based on available budget on each grant and the actual needs in the ground, raise Purchase Requests for pharmaceuticals.
· Train and capacitance pharmacists at the hospital and clinics so that they will manage their pharmacies based on universally accepted pharmacy management principles.
· Prepare and deliver pharmaceuticals daily and monthly consumption and monthly inventory recording and reporting tools to health facilities.
· Closely monitoring and supporting clinics and hospital pharmacy staff in line with the pharmacy manual.
· Making sure that pharmaceuticals are being stored in pharmacy store in the field based on standard medicines storing principles with bin/stock cards being updated regularly.
· Compiling daily pharmaceutical reports from health facility pharmacies and report monthly to the medical coordinator.
· Conducting monthly inventory to the pharmacy store and submit reports monthly to the medical coordinator.
· Serving as IMC’s pharmaceutical focal person communicating with donors for technical pharmaceutical issues.
· Properly documenting the expiry date of pharmaceuticals and timely alerting to his supervisor for near to expire drugs.
· Implement other pharmaceutical related activities as per the direction from the program coordinator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation, Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
· BA degree in Pharmacy.
· Four years of experience in stock and medication management
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed between signed below.
Pharmacy Manager Director of Programs
Anyone who feels qualified for the above mentioned positions can apply by sending their CVs to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications is 25th of September 2018**