POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN FORCED MIGRATION
Development Dimensions Africa is an international humanitarian training organization whose mission is to empower humanitarian professionals with practical skills to enable them deliver humanitarian services more effectively. Our objective is to make humanitarian work successful, relevant and effective.
Millions of people are today living as refugees displaced from their homes. This situation raises big challenges to United Nations, international and local humanitarian organizations and governments all over the world. For this reason, there’s a growing interest to study the causes of human displacement with a view to imparting skills for the prevention of forced displacement of populations and supporting people living as refugees.
This Post Graduate Diploma Course in Forced Migration creates an opportunity for humanitarian professionals to acquire skill s on how to manage refugee affairs in the broader contexts of peace building and protection, humanitarian actions, human rights and international relations. The course provides some understanding for socio- economic and political interpretations of humanitarian interventions in conflict affected regions in the world. Using case studies, the course tries to relate theory and practice to understand forced migration, prevention and management.
- Introduction to Conflict
- Understanding Forced Migration
- International Refugee Law and Policy
- Humanitarian Emergencies and Humanitarian Assistance
- Preventing and Managing Forced Migrations
- Challenges facing the Refugees
- Theories of international Relations
- Conflict in the context of International Relations
- Conflict Resolution and Management
- Human Rights Law in relation to Refugee Livelihood
- Forced Migration and its impact to the Economy
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Crisis situations
- International Migration and Peace Keeping
Course Fee: Usd 1200
The course schedule is Twelve months from 5th August 2019 to 30th July 2020.
If interested in this course send your expression of interest to:
The Online Training Manager
Development Dimensions Africa
Tel no: +254 727 616 783