Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management
Africa Institute of Project Management Studies is pleased to announce a Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management Online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Africa Institute of Project Management Studies was established in 2004 in Amsterdam with the Africa regional offices in Nairobi. The organization was a corporate organization in Africa and Asia by offering Online certificates and In-House training. The organization has over ten years of experience working with development partners in capacity building. We have trained over 5000 development and Business Professionals in various thematic areas.
Overall Course Overview:
Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management is a multi-disciplinary program that exposes participants to various disciplines that are appropriate to the development of planning giving special emphasis to the planning and management of development projects and programs. The program is designed to train participants in project planning and management at urban, rural, and regional levels; produce professionals with a firm theoretical and practical background in planning, monitoring, and evaluation of projects and programs at different spatial levels and equip students with research skills on project planning and management. It is recognized as the most appropriate form of management for the new generation of managers who are asked to handle multi-disciplinary projects in a rapidly changing business environment. Its benefits are increasingly being used to improve management performance in areas that were not previously thought of as project-driven. To deal with the ever-changing business environments, many nations, organizations, and individuals are turning to Project Management for guaranteed results on time, within the budget, and according to quality specifications. Surprisingly, Project Managers and Scholars of Project Management have neglected the subject of planning and effectively managing projects, which is supposed to facilitate and sustain Project /Programme success. The sustainability of the Project or programmer’s results depends on the successful design and Implementation of established systems in any given Project/Programme. This depends on how well the project is planned and managed..
• Conceptualize, perceive, start and develop projects in a changing global environment.
• Understand analytical tools, principles, and concepts of project identification, appraisal implementation, and review.
• Equip students with skills necessary to identify the needs of a particular area and to develop projects to meet those needs.
• Provide sufficient knowledge, skills, competencies, and behavior attitudes that can enable to implementation of projects effectively and effectively.
• Provide skills and knowledge in monitoring and evaluating the performance and impact of development projects.
1. Project Management Theory and Practice
2. Project Budgeting & Financial Management
3. Monitoring & Evaluation: Paradigms, Principles & Concepts
4. Infrastructure Planning & Management
5. Project Implementation Analysis & Management
6. Risk Management in Projects & Programmes
7. Project Leadership & Decision Making
8. Project Procurement Management
9. Thesis Research and Submission
Course Structure Course Organizers: Africa Center for Project Management
Cost: $1200 Mode: Online Learning
Duration: 12 Months
Modules: 8 Modules
1st Month- Course Introduction
2nd Month- Module 1 & Assignment 1
3rd Month- Module 2 & Assignment 2
4th Month- Module 3 & Assignment 3
5th Month- Module 4 & Assignment 4
6th Month- Module 5 & Assignment 5
7th Month- Module 6 & Assignment 6
8th Month- Module 7 & Assignment 7
9th Month- Module 8 & Assignment 8
10th Month- Research Topic
11th Month- Research Paper
12th Month- Final Exam
ORGANIZERS: Africa Institute of Project Management Studies
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com