Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management
Africa Center for Project Management is pleased to announce a Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management Online and Distance Learning Course, which starts on the 1st of March 2019.
Africa Center for Project Management was established in 2004 in Amsterdam with the Africa regional offices in Nairobi.The organization was corporate organizations in Africa and Asia by offering Online certificates and In-House trainings. The organization has over ten years experience working with development partners in capacity building in. We have trained over 5000 development and Business Professionals in various thematic areas.
Overall Course Overview:
Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management is a multi-disciplinary programme that exposes Participants to various disciplines that are appropriate to the development of planning giving special emphasis to the planning and management of development projects and programmes. The programme is designed to train participants in project planning and management at urban, rural and regional levels; produce professionals with a firm theoretical and practical background in planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes at different spatial levels and equip students with research skills on project planning and management. It is recognized as the most appropriate form of management for the new generation of managers who are asked to handle multi-disciplinary projects in a rapidly changing business environment. Its benefits are increasingly being used to improve management performance in areas that were not previously thought of as project driven. To deal with the ever-changing business environments, many nations, organizations and individuals are turning to Project Management for guaranteed results on time, within the budget and according to quality specifications. Surprisingly, Project Managers and Scholars of Project Management have neglected the subject of planning and effectively managing projects, which is supposed to facilitate and sustain Project /Programme success. Sustainability of Project or programmer’s results depends on the successful design and Implementation of established systems in any given Project/Programme. This depends on how well the project is planned and managed…
• Conceptualize, perceive, start and develop projects in a changing global environment.
• Understand analytical tools, principles and concepts of project identification, appraisal implementation and review.
• Equip students with skills necessary to identify the needs of a particular area and to develop projects to meet those needs.
• Provide sufficient knowledge, skills, competencies and behavior attitudes that can enable to implement projects effectively and effectively.
• Provide skills and knowledge in monitoring and evaluating the performance and impact of development projects.
- Project Management Theory and Practice
- Project Budgeting & Financial Management
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Paradigms, Principles & Concepts
- Infrastructure Planning & Management
- Project Implementation Analysis & Management
- Risk Management in Projects & Programmes
- Project Leadership & Decision Making
- Project Procurement Management
- Thesis Research and Submission
There are nine assignments(continuous assessment tests),research paper and one examination to be offered at the end of the course. Assignments account for 60%,research paper accounts for 30% while Examination accounts for 10% of the marks. Upon completion of the course you shall be issued with a Diploma Certificate and a course transcript…
Certificate and Transcripts will be sent after successful completion of the course.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD:52 Weeks – 5 to 6 hours per week
DATES: (12 Months) Course Starts 1st March 2019
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $1200
ORGANIZERS: Africa Center for Project Management
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT:firstname.lastname@example.org