Chemonics seeks a Power BI consultant and/or consultancy group for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain-Technical Assistance (GHSC-TA) Francophone Task Order. The project aims to strengthen in-country health supply chain systems in Francophone Africa to reduce stock-outs and wastage of medicines and other pharmaceutical products and improve the availability and accessibility of essential medicines, with a focus on priority health products such those used for malaria, family planning, and reproductive health. Further, the task order will build the capacity and promote collaboration in the health supply chain within West Africa. We seek Power BI consultants and/or consultancy groups to submit proposals for developing an analytical tool to automate the analysis of the GHSC-TA Francophone Task Order’s data and reporting process.
The task order’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system focuses on examining in-country supply chain system performance through indicators that highlight the effects of its interventions in countries’ supply chain systems as they evolve to become self-sufficient. Analyzing timely and accurate indicator data helps identify where unnecessary steps in the supply chain process create inefficiencies, needless costs, or inconsistencies that burden health service delivery. Through quarterly and annual reviews, the task order analyzes data for trends or possible opportunities to leverage successes in other countries.
To ensure learning from the data and share best practices and lessons learned with stakeholders, the Power BI consultant and/or consultancy group will develop custom visualization reports on Power BI that analyze and monitor supply chain data captured in selected countries of Francophone Africa.
- Work with the task order M&E manager to understand the M&E system and to design a data model and visualizations that best fit user needs, customized to different user groups as needed
- Use Power BI to link existing web- and SharePoint-based data sources into one or more data models to meet reporting and analysis needs, using Power Query and DAX
- Develop custom Power BI data visualizations and key performance indicator reports from the data model(s), to be published to the Power BI web service
- Develop differentiated reports and add row-level security to restrict user access based on roles/needs (at a minimum, there will be six user groups corresponding to six different countries)
- Schedule automated data refreshes per reporting frequency
- Develop documentation to describe processes, data flows, definitions, and maintenance requirements
- Train the M&E manager to maintain data model(s), generate reports, update dashboards, and identify and act upon opportunities to improve the system process flow, performance, and technical efficiencies
The Power BI consultant and/or consultancy group will prepare the following deliverables:
- Project plan (including planned timeline and methodology/approach)
- Power BI Desktop file(s) (.pbix) for any data model(s) developed
- Power BI Desktop files and associated web service report(s) for key performance indicator reporting needs, as defined with the M&E manager
- Technical documentation, including:
- Map of data model and refresh/update processes
- Data management, storage, and backup plan
- Technical documentation of the data model(s), DAX measures, etc.
- Any additional training materials necessary to hand over administration of the Power BI models and reports to the M&E manager
All presentations and deliverables are to be submitted in English or French, in electronic form, in accordance with the agreed-upon deadlines. The consultant is responsible for editing and the language quality control. Chemonics retains the sole rights with respect to all distribution, dissemination, and publication of the deliverables.
How to apply
How to apply
The proposal should include:
- A technical offer comprising:
- Brief outline of the overall approach and proposed methodology and tools to produce the identified deliverables
- Project Gantt chart showing details for the realization of the data visualization and analytics reports, including the schedule proposed, showing time for briefing and debriefing with the home office
- One sample report highlighting experience relevant to this consultancy
- Profile of the proposed evaluation team, including key roles and responsibilities
- Curriculum vitae (maximum three to four pages highlighting work experience and qualifications relevant to this consultancy)
- Full contact details of at least two references from among recent clients/line managers
- A financial offer, with breakdowns by key deliverables and estimated number of days (level of effort)
Submission of proposals
Please submit your proposal online athttps://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/mapping_consultant. Deadline for submissions is 5pm GMT May 15, 2020.
Applications will be assessed based on the quality of the proposal, ability to meet requirements above, and overall budget. Chemonics reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal received without giving reasons and is not bound to accept the lowest or the highest bidder.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.