Prize for Women’s Creativity in Rural Life: Rural women comprise more than one quarter of the total world population. 500 million women live below the poverty line in rural areas.
It was established to draw international attention to women’s contributions to sustainable development, household food security and peace, as well gain recognition and support for their community work.
While rural women are vital in providing examples of sound practices they still do not have full access to tools needed for development, such as education, credit, land rights and participation in decision making.
By highlighting and awarding their creative development models, innovations and experiences, WWSF participates in alleviating poverty and marginalisation.
- Nominees should be women and women’s groups currently active in rural life whose efforts have not yet been acknowledged by other awards.
- They may not nominate themselves.
- The nominating organization or individual must have direct experience of the nominee’s work.
- The nominator may not nominate a family member, be a member of the nominated organization, nor can an organization nominate its senior officer: founder, president etc.
- No more than 3 nominees may be presented by the same person/organization in the same year.
- The nominator commits to organize an award ceremony if the candidate is selected for the Prize and invite the media.Deadline: 31st March.
For more prize information and application, see: Prize for Women’s Creativity in Rural Life Website