Organization: Action Against Hunger USA
Objective 1: Support Procurement activities based on the priority of the department as advised by supply chain manager
- Obtain quotations on behalf of Supply Chain Manager
- Conduct small purchases and prepare related procurement documents
- Ensure correct filing and archiving of Procurement Dossiers
- Scanning, printing, photocopying of procurement and delivery documents
- Participate in Paper-based archiving of Procurement Dossiers for Kampala and field bases
- Electronic archiving of Procurement Dossiers for Kampala and field bases
Objective 2: Support Logistics Supply Chain.
· Receive and process Purchase Requests (PR) on reception frequencies
· Participate and Provide support in market analysis to update the supplier data base
· Ensure best available prices & quality, collect quotations, suppliers’ references
· Monitor deliveries to the department/bases/programs
· Prepare request for quote, prepare assessment table and get approval according to Action Against Hunger standard procedures;
· Coordinate with suppliers during the delivery of the goods and services in readiness for delivery
· Ensure all purchasing dossiers are complete and properly filled before archiving
· Deliver and pick up logistics documents to and from the different offices
Objective 3: Supervision of Delivered items
- Ensure quality & quantity control of deliveries
- Ensure packaging and shipping to bases is accurate and documented. Collect all signed copies of Delivery Notes and invoices to facilitate the payment process and follow up with the field to get the Reception notes for the items sent to the field. Ensure coordination with the field before delivery of the items (reception/storage plan).
- Ensure all documentation is existing, updated, are properly filed and filled in folders before archiving
Objective 4: Reporting
· Update and provide Procurement Follow Up (PFU) on behalf of line manager on a weekly basis when required.
· Update and provide the Supplier List on regular basis to line manager
Objective 5: Additional responsibilities
· Perform all other duties as may be directed by the immediate supervisor in accordance with Action Against Hunger Uganda mission staff regulations and charter of principles.
- About you……
You are enthusiastically pursuing a career in procurement
· You have a bachelor’s degree in procurement and supply chain, Business administration with a bias in procurement
· You have a minimum of 2 years’ humanitarian work in an emergency and/or a development context
· You have strong organization skills and attention to detail
· You have good communication skills with high level of integrity
· You have strong negotiation skills
· Exhibit good spoken and written skills
· Ability to work in complex environment and can bear the work load
- Our Core values
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA’s five core values
Respect- we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work. conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence– we strive to provide services that meet and even exceed the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment– we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
- What we offer.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
· Health Insurance for you and your dependants
· Resettlement allowance (One off payment)
· Hardship allowance (Context Based )
· Starting gross salary UGX 1,260,000
· Paid annual leave (vacation)
· 13th month pay
· Group Personal Accident
· Training opportunities
Interested? Send your application to; firstname.lastname@example.org All applicants must attach a cover letter and an updated resume in one file attachment (Word or PDF) mentioning in the subject line the position. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Closing date for applications Friday 31st March 2019.