Organization: Management Systems International
Procurement Specialist, Obirodh Road to Tolerance
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
USAIDs Obirodh: Road to Tolerance Program will provide support to activities aimed at fostering an inclusive and tolerant Bangladesh. The projects main office is located in Dhaka, and this position will be based in the Rajshahi satellite office.
****Please note: Only Bangladeshi citizens are eligible for this position. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. If necessary, selected candidates will be responsible for their own relocation expenses to Rajshahi. **
The Procurement Specialist conducts all procurement related to activities, ensures compliance with USAID and MSI policies on procedures, sources and monitoring of vendors contractual compliance, and coordinates procurement actions as outlined in MSIs Procurement Field Guide. S/he assists with budget development for new activities and coordinates with the field teams on delivery of procured goods and services. S/he works closely with the finance team to ensure timely payments.
- Coordinate with field teams and grants specialists on item specification and activity budgets.
- Perform market research and price analysis to find item specifications and appropriate vendors.
- Initiate activity procurements as outlined in Field Procurement Guide, taking the activity cycle flowchart and the implementation plan into account.
- Coordinate the implementation of contracts/procurement procedures; participate in bids and technical and cost evaluations; and perform due diligence for awarded procurements.
- Travel to and help support the project sites as needed to monitor delivery of procured goods to grantees and inspect quality of these goods.
- Monitor subcontracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance to terms and conditions.
- Contact all contractors and vendors on invoice or deliverable due dates to confirm submission of contractually-mandated payment documents.
- Work with the grants specialist and operation manager to coordinate the acquisition process in relation to what is outlined in MSIs grants manual and the Field Procurement Guide.
- Communicate with the finance and administration manager in the event of changes in deliverable or payment deadlines.
- Maintain the electronic procurement filing system and keep it up-to-date.
- Ensure the closeout of each purchase order and subcontract once completed, according to established policies and procedures.
- Work as part of an activity implementation team along with the grant specialist and program development officer with primary responsibility for acquiring goods and services necessary for the activities.
- Actively contribute to information sharing within the project.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Associate or college degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
- One (1) to two (2) years experience in procurement, logistics, grants, administration or finance.
- At least one (1) year of relevant work experience in Rajshahi.
- Experience working in such roles with USAID projects.
- Task-oriented and able to work independently and within a team to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of USAID procurement systems, inventory management and/or grant management desirable.
- Must be able to use the Microsoft office suite and have familiarity with the use of databases for tracking inventory, actions and reporting.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. This position is contingent upon USAID approval
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. To apply: www.msiworldwide.com