The International Rescue Committee, hereinafter referred to as “the IRC”, is a non-profit, humanitarian agency that provides relief, rehabilitation, protection, resettlement services, and advocacy for refugees, displaced persons and victims of oppression and violent conflict. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by the rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA). Since then, in partnership with various donors, the IRC in Uganda has expanded to meet the needs of the conflict-affected regions of Karamoja and Acholi, and in the West Nile region, South Western Uganda as well as amongst urban refugees in Kampala.
The IRC Uganda program invites proposals from interested bidders for the production of audio educational distance learning content for Uganda and Tanzania . IRC will sign a Master Service Agreement for eight (8) months with the successful bidders.
The IRC seeks to create: (1) remote learning opportunities for children that have very limited internet and technology access and (2) easy-to-use content for caregivers at home with potentially low education and literacy rates to support their own social-emotional well-being as well as their child’s. Due to the at-home nature of the situation, these learning opportunities should be designed for entire-family listening and curated to the best platform (not exclusively radio) for reach and uptake in each country
The IRC is looking for agreements with local, regional, and national radio stations to broadcast these audio episodes. Though it is not expected that this Vendor will be able to broadcast these episodes via radio, the IRC does look for the Vendor to provide recommendations for procuring partners that may lead in distribution in Uganda and Tanzania. In direct coordination with the IRC regional teams and global technical unit, the Vendor is expected to:
- Develop a project plan that either validates or edits the anticipated timeline and workplan as presented above. This will be required in advance of the project startup and will be incorporated into the service agreement.
- Create a brand bible that includes assets such as character descriptions including their characteristics and motivation, how they interact with other characters, potential visualizations, scenarios aligned with specific education outcomes, etc. The brand bible should be based on IRC’s consultations with educational and creative experts in Uganda and Tanzania that will be provided in the production brief.
- Provide the IRC with a concept of each audio episode that includes intended learning outcomes, themes, summary of storylines, activities and key messages.
- Write scripts for the 20 episodes based on the framework provided by the IRC centered on play-based SEL.
- Produce and translate each of the 20 audio episodes that are adapted for each of the target languages.
- Ensure the sound quality according to radio broadcasting standards.
- Vendor responsible for all logistics and other arrangements needed to develop the radio stories.
- Provide the audio episodes in different formats such as P3, WAV, AIF or WMA to facilitate sharing over a range of distribution channels.
- Test and adapt the audio episodes based on user feedback. Testing sessions should be open to the IRC team and synthesis of findings shared.
Interested and suitably qualified suppliers may download the RFP documents with the required tender information and Specifications from the IRC Website: http://www.rescue.org/about/procurement or request complete tender information using e-mail address UA-KampalaProcurement@rescue.org during office hours 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM from 11th February , 2021 to 25th February , 2021.
Bidder shall submit bids addressed to the PROCUREMENT COMMITTEE, via email address UA-IRC Uganda Tenders UA-IRCUganda.Tenders@rescue.org latest 4:00PM (East African Standard Time) on February 25, 2020.
The Supply Chain Department may be contacted at 0312263673/4 or email UA-KampalaProcurement@rescue.org, for more information
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.