Public procurement is an important part of any country’s government spending. Many regional governments have adopted or are in the process of enacting procurement laws to ensure that money is adequately spent in a transparent manner. Such laws are expected to improve procurement quality. The World Bank’s Endeavour is to encourage public procurement officials to be trained with this initiative to work effectively in such an environment. The overall goal of the program is to provide the knowledge and skills needed to use best practice in the classroom to conduct successful procurement. This is expected to result in capacity building and professionalization in public procurement.
Objectives of the Program
The aim of the Public Procurement Professional Diploma is to provide comprehensive knowledge on theoretical aspects, modern methods and patterns as well as good public procurement practices. Participants can gain public procurement skills delivered as a blended learning program incorporating social learning from one another.
- Strategic Procurement, Market and Business Strategy
- Basics of strategic procurement
- Internal and external influences and barriers
- Business requirements and analytics
- Procurement Leadership and Corporate Management
- Capability development and commercial awareness
- Procurement strategies and innovation
- Project and Contract Management
- Developing purchasing processes and procedures
- Category management
- Role of ICT systems in procurement e-Procurement
- Procurement Performance Management
- Contract and suppler performance management
- Project management and effective communication
- Change Management and Negotiation
- Drivers for change
- Planning for change
- Negotiation strategies and skills
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of every month.
COURSE DURATION: 6 months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $800
ORGANIZERS: Capacity Africa Institute
LANGUAGE: English only
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Online Training Coordinator
Capacity Africa Institute