The United States Peace Corps in Senegal seeks a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Program and Training Specialist for Agriculture. The position is based in Dakar, Senegal and reports directly to the Associate Peace Corps Director for Agriculture (APCD). The Program and Training Specialist for Agriculture (PTS) will provide on-going support to the implementation of Peace Corps’ Agriculture project in Senegal. Ideal candidate will have Bachelor’s Degree BS in Horticulture, Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental Education or social sciences with proven experience in the management and implementation of agricultural projects. Interested candidates must hold the following qualifications:
a. Education: Bachelor’s Degree BS in Horticulture, Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental Education or social sciences with proven experience in the management and implementation of agricultural projects.
b. Prior Work Experience:
• At least three years of related work experience;
• In depth knowledge and understanding of the Senegal agriculture and horticulture production system and policies;
• Experience supporting/coordinating/working with people from other cultures;
• Experience in the conduct of adult learning methodologies and the development of training tools such as manuals, lesson plans, newsletters, etc.; Ability to train and facilitate trainings with American and Senegalese audiences
• Experience with participatory community appraisal techniques;
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural setting and solid understanding of Senegalese and American cultures;
- Experience in working at the grassroots level;
· Experience monitoring and reporting project implementation;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook is required;
· Experience working in Food Security.
c. Language Proficiency:
• Ability to read, write and speak English and French fluently (F4 level);
• Proficiency in speaking and writing in one or more national languages of Senegal. Pulaar language skill is a plus.
d. Skills and abilities
• Demonstrated desire to empower women, girls and youth in the field of agriculture; Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced work environment; Ability to work independently with limited supervision;
• Organized and detail oriented in creating efficient processes;
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently throughout Senegal is a must.
The full position description and requirement are available upon request by sending an email to HRSenegal@peacecorps.gov.
Interested and qualified applicants for the position should submit the following:
- Letter of interest/motivation, in English, addressing your experience and suitability for the position;
- A current resume (CV) in English+3 professional references;
- Any other documentation (e.g. certified copy of educational certificates, degrees earned, driving license) that addresses the qualification requirements of desired position;
- Certified copy of identity card or certificate of nationality and “extrait of casier Judiciaire;
Interested applicants must have ability to pass full background/security checks; and show proof of residency or ability to work in Senegal.
All applications should be submitted electronically and in English to HRSenegal@peacecorps.gov with “PTS AG” in the subject line no later than 00:00 by Tuesday November 6, 2018.
Incomplete and/or late application will not be entertained, nor applications not submitted in English.
Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted. NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.